Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No more Gasser

Options
Kokeman
Kokeman Posts: 822
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have only used my gasser once in the last 2 and a half years. That was to season some old cast iron pans I got for free. A friend needed a grill, so I made some more space on my patio. I did keep the tank for a weedburner that I will be getting soon.
IMAG0017.jpg

Comments

• Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    Options
    Wow, nice gift. I would have kept her for my extremely lazy cook sessions. Maybe as my warming tray.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    Options
    your friends are better than mine :laugh: instead of cleaning the junk off the deck for me, he dropped off his gasser :blink: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Weekend Warrior
    Options
    Hmmm. Giving your old gasser to someone you don't particularly like I could understand, but to a friend??? With friends like you, who needs enemies? A real friend would've sold the POS on Craigsl*st and given him the cash to put toward an Egg. Where's your sense of decency man? :blink: :laugh:
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Nice to see it put to good use. Mine was rusting so I put it out at the curb, wanted to take a goodbye picture, we had some good times together, but as I was walking in, a truck stopped and wanted it for the metal (which is why I put it out early).

Best to just do a clean break I guess - I helped him load it and watched it go and then had to go in because there was something in my eye.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    na na na na,
    na na na na,
    hey hey hey,
    goodbye! :cheer:
  • KMagnus
    KMagnus Posts: 114
    Options
    That reminds me - we did a complete remodel on our house in 2006/07 and I moved my Weber gas grill out to my shop so it wouldn't get damaged. But, since I've gotten my EGG, I haven't thought twice about it. It was the reason I didn't go with an XL though, so I'll eventually pull it back out....or sell it and buy EGGcessories ;-0
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    My stainless gasser (over $700 new) took a back seat once I got my Egg but was brought back to life when I purchased a Griddle Q.

At first I only used it to cook breakfast on the GQ but then I did some shrimp and fish and even a steak. Turned out great.

It needed some serious burner maintenance and I just wasn't up to spending money on it. I rolled it to the street and within ten minutes a neighbor came over and asked if he could have it. Yes, and I even gave him some accessories I was thinking of keeping. He spent about a hundred bucks on it and ended up with a $700 grill for $100, We're both happy.

But then I didn't have a way to cook on my Griddle Q. So I bought another gasser that is just the right size for the Griddle Q. It is totally dedicated to cooking on the GQ and I'm happy.

By the way, if you haven't considered a Griddle Q in the past, you might do like I did and give your gasser a new life.

Spring "Out With The Old And In With The New" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA