Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Disaster Luckily Diverted!

Options
Spineguy
Spineguy Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
I have a large egg in a long BGE table on my back patio. As we were watching a movie inside, we heard a crash and looked outside to see the egg and table on it's side in the grass. Our dog was licking the placesetter and with a slight slope to the patio, it slid right off the patio. Only damage was a small ding to the lid. Anyone know of wheel locks for the bge table? Right now I have bricks blocking the wheels from moving, and have moved the table to a flatter part of the patio.

After putting everything back together, I rechristened the egg with a fantastic, home ground chuck burger with Benton's Tennessee bacon, which in my opinion, is the best bacon I have ever had. Look it up online, it is definitely worth it.

Any tips for locking the wheels would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Comments

• Gadfly
    Gadfly Posts: 121
    Options
    Are they casters? If so, you may want to change them to some after-market lock-able ones.
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Loop a line around a back wheel to a something heavy or immovable. A porch railing post for instance or possibly a concrete landscaping block. Use quick release catch on the line. Just a thought for a quick and inexpensive fix.
    Otherwise replace the wheels with locking wheels, your hardware store will sell them. Check for wheel weight rating.
    Estimate weight of egg with plate setter and table and 16 pounds of pork shoulder then divided by 4. ;)