Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stuffed Pork Loin

BuxwheatBuxwheat Posts: 727
edited 4:04AM in EggHead Forum
Tonite's Cook: I 'jelly roll' sliced a pork loin (~3lb), seasoned it w/ Bad Byron's Butt Rub, layered fresh spinach, provolone, mozzarella, fresh basil, then tied it up, sprinkled on some cracked black pepper and Lawry's Garlic Salt, then on the Egg indirect at 375 for 100 min. Pulled at 140. Could have been better (slightly dry on outside edge) if I had wrapped in bacon or maybe cut the heat back. Still, pretty good.

Spinach.jpg

Provolone.jpg

Mozzarella.jpg

Basil.jpg

OntheEgg.jpg

Finished.jpg

Sliced.jpg

Plated.jpg

NCB.jpg
·

Comments

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Nice looking jelly roll. :P I will have to try that sometime. Tim
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,395
    Really nice cook!!
    Thanks for the pictorial!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • Looks delicious to me!
    ·
  • BoatmanBoatman Posts: 854
    Boy it sure looks good. And you did a great job cutting that pork....wish I was that good B)
    ·
  • BuxwheatBuxwheat Posts: 727
    Or did you mean the "Jelly Roll" cut? That I did with a boning knife. Got a little uneven here and there, but for the most part it came out in one continuous piece about a 1/2 inch thick.
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Great job :woohoo:

You really nailed it on that jellyroll cut! The pic of the sliced whole roast is a beaut! :woohoo:
    ·
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    That is an excellant cook. You did a great job on the jelly roll. The meals looks fantastic.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • BuxwheatBuxwheat Posts: 727
    We will do this one again, for sure. Especially since I bought a whole loin and had the butcher cut it into thirds. Got one left. Bacon wrapped and 350° next time.
    ·
  • jemrxjemrx Posts: 81
    nice cook....great pics...did you pound the loin ou to get it that thin?
    ·