Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Raleigh Area Dealers

MattMatt Posts: 143
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, All --

My alignment has been off since I originally replaced my felt gasket with nomex a couple of years ago. I tried to fix it again when I installed a Rutland on Saturday, but still no luck (tried the GG method, amongst other steps).

I'm thinking of loading this thing into the back of my Sentra (doesn't sound fun) and hauling it to a dealer to see if I can get some help, but the dealer from whom I bought my Egg is out of business. Is there anybody in this area currently selling Eggs? Or, does anyone want to trade an hour's worth of Eggspertise for some beers and a few fatties made from homemade sausage and glazed with homemade pepper jelly?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
·

Comments

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    Firehouse Casual.. On Capital Blvd just north of Spring Forest.

Or if you want I can come help you fix it.. You drink the beers
    ·
  • h20eggh20egg Posts: 168
    If CW won't drink the beers, reward him with a donation! Anything is worth the risk of the hernia or back injury (or egg fracture) trying to move that beast! Good luck!
    ·
  • MattMatt Posts: 143
    CW -- you are a true gentleman. Thank you so much for the offer. If you are willing -- and have the time -- I would very much appreciate your help. Should I send an email to discuss?

Matt
    ·
  • Yep, Firehouse Casual Living on Capital. Ask for Brian, the manager if he's there. The worker bees haven't all been experts. Not sure about who is there now.
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    Yeah shoot me an email. ppbenac at celticspiritbbq dot com. I reckon you can figure out the changes :)
    ·
  • claycampclaycamp Posts: 59
    Went to the meat house on saturday. That place is pretty cool. I got a dry aged steak that was awesome.

Thanks for the recommendation, lets pick a night to cook soon
    ·