Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

recent cook scallops and stuffed pork loin

jemrxjemrx Posts: 81
edited 1:27AM in EggHead Forum
some scallops lightly floured and seasoned with tsunami
CIMG2379.jpg
on sale at bj's @1.99 per lb
CIMG2380.jpg
some artichoke tampenade and baby spinach
CIMG2381.jpg
some fig for sweetness
CIMG2382.jpg
some jersey peaches

CIMG2384.jpg
dressed up
CIMG2385.jpg
ready for the egg

CIMG2389.jpg

CIMG2388.jpg

CIMG2393.jpg
CIMG2395.jpg
CIMG2397.jpg
some veggies
CIMG2400.jpg
·

Comments

• reccitronreccitron Posts: 175
    The food looks great.
    ·
  • ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    Very nice! How did the mushroom caps turn out? Any pics of the cooked caps?
    ·
  • jemrxjemrx Posts: 81
    caps turned out well stuffed with artichoke tampenade. sorry no final pics
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,276
    Jack,

Very nice!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,317
    Jack, lookin good buddy, & judging by the slope & foliage of your back yard & the siding on your house, I'm guessing somewhere in the vicinity of Plushmill Road??? Eh, am I right??? Could be near Waterford Way too???
    ·
    Hey Marc your not too bad with your geography and you were somewhat close. We live on a culdesac (rosewood lane) close to the intersection of rose valley rd and brookhaven rd. We built there 13 years ago when it was just a grove of locust trees. jack
    ·
  • Nice cook
    Nice deck and outdoor space
    Nice pics

Thanks for sharing
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Jack, I would have liked to have tried both your scallops, stuffed pork loin, mushrooms, and the veggies! Everything looks cooked to perfection! :) Really nice color to the scallops and the meat.
    ·
    thanks Rebecca the scallops were the best part as i thought the pork was on the dry side. We love our veggies on the egg. Jack
    ·
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Very good looking meal. Is is difficult to butterfly the pork.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • berrygoodberrygood Posts: 372
    jemrx wrote:
    thanks Rebecca the scallops were the best part as i thought the pork was on the dry side. We love our veggies on the egg. Jack
    FWIW, I find it difficult to cook to the perfect temp when stuffed. Even if dry, though, it still looks great!
    ·
    dave this was the first one i've done and i did not have any directions, i simply started with a 1/2 inch cut into the loin and tried as best to "unroll" it as i was cutting thru.
    ·