Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Filets, Asparagus and Potatoes

Options
Rolling Egg
Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I haven't cooked steaks in over three weeks and the urge hit me last night at about 9PM. I ran up to Publix and picked up two filets, one smaller one for the wife and one two inch thick hunk for me. Picked up some asparagus and spuds to go along with them. I sprinkled the asparagus with olive oil, fresh cracked salt/pepper, parmesan cheese, and a pat of butter. Cooked them at 350 in my cast iron boats for probably 20 minutes on a raised grid direct. I cheated on the potatoes and rubbed them with olive oil and John Henrys Spud Rubb and threw them in a 400 degree oven. After the asparagus was finished I removed the raised grid and went direct with the cast iron at around 650 for the sear. About one minute per side on the sear. Then I put the raised grid back on and shut the egg almost all the way down and finished them off. Unbelievable dinner. Hard to believe that steaks can be this good and a whole lot cheaper without leaving home. Hope all has a great day!!
IMG_7337.jpg
IMG_7349.jpg
IMG_7355.jpg
IMG_7362.jpg
IMG_7364.jpg
IMG_7368.jpg
IMG_7376.jpg
IMG_7371.jpg

Comments