Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK Wicked Good group buy

Options
RVH
RVH Posts: 523
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The full pallet should ship in the next couple of days and be in OKC sometime next week. It beats the heck out of me why you guys want charcoal when the daily temps are well over 100°F :woohoo:

Comments

• ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    Glad I spent last week in Colorado! My timing was pretty good, shoulda stayed a few more days maybe! Came back and my yard was burned up and brown from the 100° temps. :ohmy:

Won't be too long till fall, and football season grilling! :) Heck I bought a year's supply, I'm ready for all 4 seasons!
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Options
    Excellent. Lookin forward to tryin it. :)
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    Options
    Wicked Good is really good lump. I have tried 2 others and I prefer Wicked Good. I'm glad one of my local dealers stocks it.
  • BigDaddy - OCT
    Options
    Woohoo! Good excuse to take an afternoon off of work!

Bruce
  • Serial Griller
    Options
    If I lived in OK,I'd go to Tulsa and get Hasty-BAke Charcoal.It's made by Ozark Oak and is highly rated by Nakedwhiz.Big pieces.Lights easier and I think less expensive.
    My 2-cents
  • RVH
    Options
    I've used a lot of the Hasty Bake lump. It does light much easier, but seems to burn much, much faster. It is about the most taste-neutral lump I've run across and is the one I use whenever cooking for someone who wants grilled, but with NO smoke taste.
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Options
    Thanks for the tip Serial Griller and RVH. Will pick some up as I was looking for a non-smoke charcoal for those who prefer it that way. :)
  • SoonerChris
    Options
    RVH wrote:
    The full pallet should ship in the next couple of days and be in OKC sometime next week. It beats the heck out of me why you guys want charcoal when the daily temps are well over 100°F :woohoo:

Dang it. Did I miss out on this one...is it too late?
  • RVH
    Options
    SoonerChris wrote:
    RVH wrote:

Dang it. Did I miss out on this one...is it too late?

Chris, it might not be too late at all. Ibanda ended up covering for an extra eight bags, that I know of. Contact him and I'm sure he would be glad to help you out with some or all of these.
    I couldn't open the email you sent to me today via the forum. It just wouldn't load.
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    RVH - I heard from SoonerChris and he is going to take 5 bags. I still have 5 more available if anyone wants them.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.