Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

21st Anniversary Surf & Turf - Redo

Options
FlaMike
FlaMike Posts: 648
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sorry for the re-post, but I didn't realize my pics weren't showing up... I think I did some photo editing on Photobucket after I posted.... a no-no for sure. So here goes again.

Actually the special date isn't until next week, but my honey is having some dental work done, so we upped it a bit while she can still enjoy it. The T-bones I found in the back of the freezer, vacu-sealed and just waiting to get seared. The lobster tails were caught fresh one day earlier.

I had tried the "dwell in the shell" method last year, but had some problems with the lobster not getting done nearly enough. So this time, I cracked the shells, brought the tail meat out on top, like the restaurants do, and did them next to the steaks. Fantastic!

The T bones after the sear & dwell, grilling for 5 min @ 425°, then a flip for 5 more.
IMG_0003-1.jpg

Added the tails for 10 min @ 425° ( they needed an extra 5 min at the end)
Used some Shakin The Tree plus a light sprinkle of paprika, and of course garlic butter with parsley.
IMG_0005-1.jpg

The steaks were done, but the tails needed another 5 min.
IMG_0007.jpg

Finished the plate with some crushed potatoes and sliced tomatoes.
Sorry no pics on the plate. I was so thrilled it was all done at the same time, we just started eating! One of our best anniversary dinners yet!

Comments