Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Computer Games

BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in Off Topic
i like games. i have a ps3 but no computer games. i have played freecell,hearts, and online checkers till i am sick of them. i still like the pinball game that came with the computer. but after you get 6 million for a score you can get a little tired of that also.

i am on facebook but i don't want to bother my friends with all that stuff poping up on their computer. because i know how much i hate it.....

sooo if anyone has a recomendation as to what kind of computer game is fun please let me know.

thanks

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• With the facebook games, you have the option to have facebook prompt you before the game posts anything. I try not to have anything posted, so every time it prompts me, I just say "no".

What type of games do you like? You should be able to find some decent pinball games. I had a couple, but that was several years ago...back in Windows 95 times. If you've got the hardware for it, Starcraft 2 just came out last week. I'm drooling to get my hands on it, but I probably will wait until I don't have to spend my free time in the garden. ;)
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Hi BENTE

Your question is so broad it is almost impossible to answer. Computer games are so diverse and some require more hardware then others so it makes for a difficult question to answer. You might check out Wally World or Target or similar stores and see what is available. If you have a new high end computer you are probably good to go and can try anything that interest you. If you do not have a new high end machine then take your strongest reading glasses and a magnifying glass with you so you can read the hardware requirements on the back of the package and be sure you know what you have at home for hardware. You don't want to by a game that will on play on your machine. For an older machine keep your eyes open for Game Of The Year Edition's, Gold Edition's, Platinum Edition's and tip offs like that that will indicate that it was not just released yesterday and require the newest hardware. They will also save you money as many come with add ons and extensions included as marketing incentives and prices are much lower then a new release.

Hi speed games like flight simulators and car racing sims will require more computer then say a card game. High level graphics can drain computer speeds. There are a few games that require Windows Vista or newer to run. Some games require a hi speed internet connection and may or may not require a subscription fee to play even after you have paid for the game.

All that being said a few favorites are Sim City, there is a collection set out with just about every version in it for about $20 I think. Another is SPORE with the add on SPORE Galactic Adventures. It is a sort of evolutionary simulator that has no end. I'm not sure of current price.

I'm waiting till I have to upgrade my TV, I have an old tube set that will not die. When I get HDTV I will include the PS3. Computer games are always requiring bigger and better hardware, typically graphics adapters and it runs into big bucks. With your PS3 that is not the case and your Blue Ray player is built in. It makes for a great deal at a fraction of the cost.

Good luck,

Blair

• bitslammer
    bitslammer Posts: 818
    What genere do you like? What do you play on PS3? I have a Wii, PS3 and PC that I game heavily on.

I was one of the millions who just bought Starcraft2 and am loving it. We have a group at work who like to log on an play during the evenings. I've always been a sucker for strategy games, both turned based and real time. Like Gator I also love the sims as well.

If you dowload and install Steam on your PC you can grab a ton of demos and some freebies too. You can also score soem real deals on older games so if you do want to jump into something like Half-Life you can go abck and play all of the older titles and wathc the story unfold.
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    I play spider solitaire by the hour, which is a program right on the computer. I need some new games as well! I also play online boggle.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    for the advice. i forgot i posted this i guess i should have subscribed...

i like playing driving games i am waiting on a new one to come out. i have been playing tiger woods 2010 but i am really waiting on dirt 3

not to many racing games for the computer. i know they have nascar but everytime i have played one of those nascar games they are just as boring as watching a nascar race. so not too much fun for me..

thanks again everyone for your advice

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• reccitron
    reccitron Posts: 176
    One of the most addicting and fun games is World of Warcraft. It's nickname is World of Warcrack because it is so addicting. I was hooked on it for over 2 years.