Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wow and Wow

Bobby-Q
Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't even know where to start. The event was amazing, the food was even better than that, and the people were the best of all by far.[p]For me it was one of those show up as the loner events and hope. I had the good fortune to meet Wess B. and his wonderful wife first, they have the biggest family in the world because everyone seems to be part of their family as sson as they meet them.[p]I turned around and almost bumped into Spawn, and then met Mad Max right behind her. Those two just openly share the world, and it seesm to be their destiny to make people happy.[p]Nature Boy was next, and that is definitely a dizzying experience. His egg was in the heart of the event and that seemed to be a perect fit.[p]The Rhum and Jerk show was next. They were very busy pissing off Linus by cooking the Great Pumpkin. And too bad for Linus, because that was dang good stuffed pumpkin.[p]Dr. BBQ was next and everyone was just GREEEN with envy trying to get a slice of his cake.[p]DJM5X9 was a ton of fun and is the Atlanta anchor.[p]Mark Backer and his delightful wife showed back up (I missed them on their early morning run). He's just as crazy, and fun, and even more enthusiastic in real life than he is on here. He probably won't believe it, but I think his wife feels the same way. You know someone is a true Egger when they make a spreadsheet in preperation of buying their first egg.[p]I know that I am missing more people than I am mentioning, but there were just too many people that were all way too nice. Pappa Q, Wise One, Julie B, BGE pit Crew, YB and his daughter Jenny, Tractor, Molly Shark and her Son, and the list goes o and on. It was like going to a huge family reunion but you didn't have to deal with your asshat uncle.[p]Probably the best weekend of the year so far, and I am already thinking about next year and what I want to cook, hmmm...wil have to dig deep into the culinary education to come up with something to keep up.[p]Anyway I apologize if I missed mentioning you, and feel free to post if I did, but I just want to say THANK YOU to each and everyone of you for letting me be a part of your family for the weekend. I look forward to many more meetings.

Comments

• Bobby-Q,
    Yes, you met an amazing bunch of people! I met many of them at Eggfest and I wish I could have been in Atlanta. It is unfortunate that our wedding anniversary is right before Eggtoberfest and it seems to make things difficult. I'm thinking of having the marriage annulled so we can married on a different date that won't interfere, LOL!![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Bobby-Q:[p]It was a pleasure to meet you as well. We really did have fun meeting up with friends from the forum. I'm just sorry we could not get a couple of bottles of that NC "Q" sauce . . . I musta got out bid!
    [/b]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Bobby-Q,
    Just rolled in an hour ago from the 650 mile trip home, the last 5 hours of which there were way, way too many people on the road....some of who I wanted to strangle.[p]All I want now is sleep, but I wanted to say that your post is perfect. Right on, and your words echo my sentiments perfectly. Fantastic people, fantastic time. Perfect. Phenominal. [p]I'm dead. Will check back tamarry! Was so great seeing everyone. Pictures to come.[p]Nighty night!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Bobby-Q,[p]Very nice. I think you captured the feel of those eggfests very well........ just a big family cooking in a big way.
    I look forward to meeting you someday.[p]John

• Bobby-Q,
    back at ya my friend. . ..on the way home spawn and i talked about the fact that it was the people, more than the food, that made this event so special. . .we met so many wonderful folks, its hard to even describe the experience. . .i'm so glad we were abble to make it down there and be amongst so many great people.. .. [p]if all the world were eggers, we wouldn't have half the problems we have today.. . .

• Tractor
    Tractor Posts: 288
    BobbyQ -- Great meeting you as well! It truly is one of the most fun days of the year!