Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest 04

Options
BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We got in yesterday evening, and have to concur - the food was great, but it was the people who made the event. We were delighted to meet so many folks, and finally put faces with handles and names. If we didn't get to meet you this past weekend, we will down the road.[p]Several folks asked for the recipe for the dipping sauce we used on shrimp and scallops. Here it is:[p]Orange Satay Sauce
2 cups orange marmalade
1 cup chunky peanut butter
juice of 2 limes (about 4 tablespoons)
optional - bottled hot sauce to taste[p]Stir all together until the consistency is uniform and about as thick as pancake batter.[p]Ken

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    BlueSmoke,[p]I have to say it was great to finally meet you (and your better half)! You really created alot of excitement (and good food) with the mini! The Satay sauce was great! [p]Also, we need to talk about some rub when you get up and running![p]Smokey
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    It was a pleasure to finally meet you and yours, we obviously never got around to getting some samples from you. Let me know when you get back to sending out products. I look foward to trying your stuff...[p]Wess

• BlueSmoke
    Options
    WessB,
    The feeling is entirely mutual - what a great intro to Atlanta and festing: being met by you and your lady![p]Let me know what you want: I'm starting in production this week.[p]Ken

• BlueSmoke
    Options
    Smokey,
    Thanks! It was our pleasure to meet you.[p]Let me know what you want: I'm starting production this week.[p]Ken

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    better put me down for two each witchy red, gilded splinters, and big chef sauce!!. ..[p]it sure was great to meet you and dianna and spend time with you. ..thanks!!!

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    BlueSmoke, I'll take two of the Witchey Red please. E me when you have it and I'll pick it up. Haven't tried the others but the Red seems to be what everyone raves about. Thanks, Sigmore.

• BlueSmoke
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    You got 'em! Rubs start tomorrow, sauces later in the week.[p]It was our distinct pleasure to spend time with you and Spawn - y'all are the heart and soul of Egging.[p]K & D

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Oops, you forgot my favorite on boneless, skinless chicken breasts - Wicked Grin. The elderberries give it a touch of sweetness and then there is a little bit of a kick with the heat.
  • tn slagamater
    Options
    sigmore, try "Guilded Splinters", too. EGGCELLENT ; It took the national "Scovie" award spice championship 2nd place prize out of over 400 entries. Good stuff from a great Egger...

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    BlueSmoke,Like slagmaster said, two of them guilded splinters too. Taking them back to my bro in NC next week. Of course one of each will stay with me.