Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Ribs

bitslammer
bitslammer Posts: 818
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did the 3nd batch of boneless ribs from Costco.

Marinated in Italial Dreeeing and Mustard then rubbed.
4870707058_d451380b19_z_d.jpg

Here they are 3 hours later. Also grilled an Eggplant for some Baba Ganoush
4870709560_fcfd036450_z_d.jpg

Comments

• How did the Baba Ganoush turn out? I tried making it once but I had to much stuff on the go and pulled the eggplant before it was done. Also was also lacking in tahini so I bailed on it.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

A boneless rib? Can that be? Sounds like a jumbo shrimp or an original copy or maybe an exact estimate or Microsoft Works or something like that. :huh: :huh: :huh: :cheer:

They look very good Chris, how were they?

Blair

• bitslammer
    Gator Bait wrote:

A boneless rib? Can that be? Sounds like a jumbo shrimp or an original copy or maybe an exact estimate or Microsoft Works or something like that. :huh: :huh: :huh: :cheer:

They look very good Chris, how were they?

Blair

LOL the "Official" Costco tag says: Pork Shoulder Country Style Ribs Boneless ???? That covers a lot of gounrd so I guess I also cooked a boneless shoulder. They are one of my favorite cuts of pork. All the flavor of ribs but can be done easily under 2 hrs.
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Those look really good. I have my eggplants coming in now. Do u have the recipe for the Baba Ganoush?
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • bitslammer
    thechief96 wrote:
    Those look really good. I have my eggplants coming in now. Do u have the recipe for the Baba Ganoush?

Nothing exact for the recipe. I just do it by texture. I start by piercing the eggplant and sticking cloves of garlic just under the skin. I then grill it direct raised grid at around 300*F until tender. Had to do this one indirect with the ribs and it was fine.

When the eggplant is done let it cool a bit and remove the skin. Put the eggplant in a food processor (or blender) and add 1-2 tablespoons of Tahini (ground sesame seeds), 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil, a dash of lemon juice, salt & pepper and puree that. You can adjust the consistency by adding olive oil to loosen or more tahini to thicken. I go for a thick "cottage cheese" like consistency.

TO serve I drizzle a little a little more olive oil on top and a little paprika. Goes great with pita bread chips or my favorite garlic bagel slices.

4871962478_53c87ccb70_z_d.jpg