Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I attended the Eggtoberfest in ATL this weekend. My first, boy what a trip. Sooo many Egg Followers, and a great group of people, every one eager to help the newbies and trade secrets about something new the more experienced set has tried recently. It was something to see and a neat Venue to boot. Thanks to the BGE folks for putting it together. Now the big problem. I had so many great things to eat what to try first at home??? Thought I would do some ABTs and a London Broil tonight that we started marinating when we got home last night. I looked out on the recipes list to try to find the cooking time & temp but could not find anything. I'm thinking direct heat, 350 for an hour or so??? Am I on target here or should I sear it first and let it rest (Ala T-Rex) then finish it around 350?? Any thoughts?? Thanks in advance.
T-Que

Comments

• Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    Options
    T-Que,[p]Some would say sear it, but it don't think it is really a needed step for a roast. I would do it direct at 350° until an internal temp of 135-145° (depending on your taste of doneness). We probally do a London Broil once every two weeks. Last time I tossed a few potatos on and then mashed them. The smoked mash potatos were a big hit and will be done many more times. [p]Steve-B
  • Steve-B
    Options

Meant to include this link. It is to the Naked Whiz's Recipe page. He has a London Broil recipe there.

[ul][li]The Naked Whiz's BBQ Recipe Page[/ul]
  • Steve-B,
    Thanks for the quick post. Sounds like a plan for the LB. Also, the potatos sound interesting. Are you saying you baked/smoked the potatos on the Egg? If so I would assume no tinfoil. Just clean'em, spear'em and put them on, right?[p]Thx,
    T-Que

• Steve-B
    Options
    T-Que,[p]Yep, no foil. I usally stick them with a fork to make ~40 holes all over. [p]I will coat the spud with some Olive Oil and a little salt and ground pepper. This is if they were going to be baked potatos, not mashed.[p]The other thing I do with potatos when I TREX is microwave them for 7 minutes per potato at 50% power. Then after I sear the steak I will put them on. While the steak is resting the potatos will cook as the egg cools down. You will take the steak off at the same time as the potatos. Saves you so time and you don't have to use your oven. :)[p]Steve-B
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    T-Que,[p]I like the sear dwell method! Good stuff!