Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Totally on topic, but possibly offensive to some

TheDirtyBurger
TheDirtyBurger Posts: 846
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So last night my wife was trying to get me to come to bed to help propagate the species. I was not having it, the Simpsons were on. So she started telling me she had a new adjustable rig in the bedroom, I said no thanks I already had one. Then she said there might be a pizza stone in there, I already have one I said. Finally she pulls out the big guns, she eludes to the fact that there may be a mini in the bedroom. I ran in there and I only saw an extra large.

She did say the following things though once I was in there: space aged ceramic, rub, bark, and thermapen.

Needless to say I was able to watch most of the simpsons.

Comments

• I hear ya Bro, I hate when that happens!
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Not really, but being thin-skinned seems to be the order of the times, and I'm nothing if not a slave to stylishness.

So do we have another Egging bun in the oven today?
  • Simpsons??
    Send that girl North...I never watch TV!
  • That is funny, now you can be like me. That adjustable rig will soon have rust on it from not using it and you can kiss your free time and friends good bye. I'm lucky to cook out once, maybe twice a week.

Although, in months 7 and 8, when she is in bed at 7pm, you can do whatever you want and she will be none the wiser. The only problem is that when she is due to deliver, and you cant drink beer, you will be suffering alcohol withdrawal at the most stressful time in your life.

I was bored then, preoccupied with a move. I should have enjoyed it more. What I dummy I am sometimes.

How is that new small?
  • I should also add that babies aren't into the simpsons, married with children or bbq university. You also lose your tv to kid shows that are borderline sacreligeous, to us who watched gi joe, tom and jerry, etc.....

now when I cook out, I have to "keep an eye on the temp" just to get a break!

My 13mo old daughter is now in a phase(I hope) that only mommy can hold, feed or play with her. Makes you feel real good about giving up everything else only to be involved from the outside looking in.

Strage thing is that I am happier than ever......
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Why can't you drink beer? :blink: Heck, my Mother brought me a pint of whiskey to drink in the hospital when my daughter was born ;)