Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally did it!

Options
Mark from Utah
Mark from Utah Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,
I have had my BGE for about six months and my BBQ Guru for about four months and have gotten pretty good at pork ribs and pork butts. Cooking a good brisket has awlays eluded me - until now. Maybe it was just meant to be or maybe the combination of things I did worked. [p]Before cooking I tenderized the meat with a Jaccard meat tenderizer. I tried Texas BBQ Rub for the first time. I cooked it fat cap up and scored the cap several times so the rub would penetrate better. I set my BBQ Guru to 225 degrees for the grill temp and the meat temp at 207 degrees. It took about 12 hours to cook. It was both tender and juicy. I'm kicking myself now for not taking a picture of it since I may not get it this good again for a while. [p]As a side note, I had someone over for dinner the other night, who was originally from the South and loved bbq. They told me that they haven't tasted good bbq since they moved to Utah. Everything I know abut bbqing I learned from here so all of you must be good teachers. I still remember my first question here was asking whata plate setter is and whoever answered me did not tell me to search the site since that is a commonly asked question, but answered me and even sent a picture - and I've been hooked ever since. [p]Thanks, Mark from Utah

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Mark from Utah, you would have loved EGGtoberfest even more. I don't think the Utah contingent was represented. 600 enthusiastic eggers is quite a gathering. But glad to hear it's going well for you. Maybe you can define 'Utah style BBQ' with your cooking. :-)

• Mark from Utah
    Options
    Wise One,
    I would love to go to EGGtoberfest some time. There are a few eggers in Utah, but not too many. It sounds like all of you had a great time. Mark from Utah