Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

12 # Turkey Help ASAP....

Options
Midnight Smoker
Midnight Smoker Posts: 273
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My Turkey fryer in in ruins.....Drove over it! I need to EGG a 12# turkey.....how long, what temp and how.....(Spat or vertical) ? I need to feed people at 4:30.....it's 1:00.........THANKS IN ADVANCE!! Paul

Comments

• Midnight Smoker,
    Assuming you have an internal temp guage, I would do the turkcy inderect heat at 350. Put the temp guage in one of the legs or thigh and get it to 180. Probably 3 hours or so. [p]Jerry

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Midnight Smoker, so it's "Noon Smoker" today. Hope you got that turkey on right now. At 20 minutes a pound you have just enough time. If you had brined it, you might expect shortly quicker cooking times but it's too late for that now. I'd put in on a roasting rack set into a pan and put it on at about 350-375 Shoot for an internal of about 170 and start some hors d'oeurves to delay your guests. You're running real close but you should be ready to eat shortly after 4:30 IF you got started at 1:00. Good luck.