Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Quantity??

Options
AZ Geoff
AZ Geoff Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How much pulled pork would I need to cook to feed 20 adults??
Any ideas????
Thanks!![p]AZ Geoff

Comments

• clausenk
    Options
    AZ Geoff,[p]5 to 8 oz serving, about 60% cooked weight yield.
  • yaB
    yaB Posts: 137
    Options
    AZ Geoff,[p]Have you searched the active postings and/or the archives? I believe this very topic has been discussed several times in the very recent past, and even more in the less recent past.[p]Bob
  • Mike in MN
    Options
    AZ Geoff,
    The average sized sammich is 4 oz's of PP. The yield is 60%-70% of the pre cooked weight of the pork.[p]So, for 20 (regular adults...not the football team, or the debate team) I'd figure 1.5 sammiches apiece.... 20 X 1.5= 30 X 4 oz's= 120 oz's = 7.5#'s of finished product = (7.5/.6 = 12.5#'s of raw meat)[p]So, I'd get about 15 pounds of meat to be real safe, cook it up over a nice 18 hour period, pull it, store it, and serve it. The leftovers will be well taken care of...you won't have to worry about any of it going to waste, or anyone leaving hungry.[p]Mike in MN

• AZ Geoff
    Options
    Mike in MN,
    Thanks Mike - my neighbor is having his dept. from work over to his house for a Holiday function. He asked me if I would mind doing the PP for him. I just wanted to be sure and make sure he doesn't run short!!!!
    Thanks again!!![p]AZ Geoff

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    AZ Geoff, simple rule. 2.4 servings per pound of uncooked meat. 10 pounds should provide about 24 servings leaving 16 angry folks who wanted seconds.

• Mike in MN
    Options
    AZ Geoff,
    Geez, I wish someone would do PP for me if I had the guys over from work. I know the guys from work would love it....but you wouldn't want to run out.[p]For sure you want to do a little extra....20 GUYS eating...and possibly having a few beers, no one policing how much or what they are eating.....go high on the calculations![p]
    Have fun!
    Mike in MN