Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help - Egg Transport

Options
Smoked Signals
Smoked Signals Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Getting ready to trailer my eggs (S,M,L) around town for various BBQ'ing. I have built boxes to prevent tipover and have straps to tie them down. They will not move around.
Trailer is a 4' x 6' wire mesh bottom utility trailer.

Now I am worried about all the guts ... any suggestions to prevent breakage or is it a problem? SHould I worry?

Thanks
Doug
Smoked Signals

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    i just leave everything inside with lump. i do slide some corrugated cardboard underneath and between the dome and base, reseat the hinge for the cardboard, and then reset it when im there. probably overkill with the cardboard but its simple to do
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • FearlessGrill
    Options
    I leave everything inside, but I transport mine in my truck. In a trailer, particularly if it's unsprung, you're likely to get more shock from hitting bumps. You might want to think about taking the ceramics out in that case and transporting them separately or in your car. I'd bungee the handle to the draft door as well, to prevent the lid from bouncing around.

If your trailer has decent suspension, ignore what I wrote and leave them together.

-John