Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Fit my 17 1/4 lb turkey in my Medium

Boss HoggBoss Hogg Posts: 1,377
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We're trying to reduce the amount of frozen food in our freezers (which resulted from me buying my first Egg a few years ago and then going crazy buying meat everytime I saw a good deal :P ) So I thawed out a 17 1/4 lb turkey that I actually had gotten for free with some "bonus points" at Giant, seasoned it and cooked it in my MBGE I keep up at my hunting camp. It was a tight fit, but it turned out great.
Vent view
004-2.jpg
Part way through the cook-Egg at 325*
005-2.jpg
Finished!
006-1.jpg
It took over 15 minutes per pound because even though I took the bird out of the freezer 7 days earlier, it was still slightly frozen on the inside when I went to cook it. :angry: When I stuck the Polder in it, it was 32* deep in the breast, but I was committed to the cook, so I went with it. ;)
Thanks for looking.
Brian

Comments