Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table mods

Options
edg1
edg1 Posts: 86
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Hi All,

In another post I mentioned that I exchanged my medium egg for a large, for just the difference in price. See the post below.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=936046&catid=1

This lead to new problems. When I got my medium I also got the short wood table. Which is sized for a medium, not large, egg. Due to my unfavorable view of the $$/worth ratio of the BGE table, I decided not to buy a new one, but to modify my existing table. Crudely, I might add.

Before:

IMG_0001.JPG

After:

IMG_0002.JPG

I now have a winter project, or so I told my wife. She asked if it would be cheaper to buy a new one instead. :(

I figure I should be done come April, or so.

Later,

edg

PS: A handheld reciprocating saw with a 6 inch blade is a joy to hold. :evil:

Comments

• Green with Eggy
    Options
    if you could get your hands on a Rotor you could clean that up in a min or two. a straight cut bit and a curved to make your line softer.

example

Get a straight bit with a bearing on the bottom.

You could get a jigsaw and make a nice 21" circle in plywood. Mount the new circle template underneath the table so the bearing can ride on it.

then make your beaver hole into a thing of beauty. :whistle:
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Why don't you use your existing base and just build a new top?

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL