Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Travel question.

Options
Hitch
Hitch Posts: 402
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy folks,

I'm headed out of town (about 2000 miles via Delta), and I am not willing to let Delta try to steal my Eggin stuff.

I am not takin any of my eggs, but will be cooking for a rehearsal dinner on my best friend's Green Eggs. I will be mainly be producing some killer Q (Wedding is in Washington ST., and they love southern BBQ, just can't get it there). So, question is...I can ship very cheaply from my business via UPS to Spokane. What should I ship?

I will be doing some serious cookin (the gamut really) while I'm out there, so keep that in mind. What am I bound to forget to ship?

Geez I wish I had YB's Big Green Egg Tackle Box.

Thanks in advance,

Hitch

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

If your friend has the eggs you should have most of the 'stuff' you need. Just think of what you need to do the cook at home, ask you friend if he has those items and whatever is missing is what you need to ship.

GG
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    If it aint on this list it is very new or not necessary.

Hope this helps.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=696247&catid=1
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    Options
    You really should ask your friend what is already available with his eggs. Consider the shiping round trip on your items, and maybe purchase something when you arrive. I guess you can't even take your probe thermometers in carry on, or digiQ because of the electronic wires. Talk about suffering the indignities of flying!!
    PattyO
  • Hitch
    Options
    Good stuff so far...

I should have mentioned that my buddy really only has a large plate setter, CI grate, and the basic included accessories and grilling tools that everyone in the world has.

He bought his egg this year...when I made him do it.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    spices and rubs probably arent that available depending where he is in the state other than the generic stuff. when im doing a week of big cooks at camp i bring my raised grid setup, a pizza stone, knives, rubs, spices, my own therms, a paella pan and a dutch. might want to bring sauces as well or be ready to make your own,
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hitch
    Options
    THANK YOU!!! GREAT ADVICE!

I will be shipping about 10 bottles of Southern Soul BBQ sauce from St. Simons Island. It is my buddies (and my) favorite sauce.

Will also ship some of the Habanero Hot BBQ sauce from Jim and Nicks. That stuff is OUTSTANDING!
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Hitch wrote:
    Good stuff so far...

I should have mentioned that my buddy really only has a large plate setter, CI grate, and the basic included accessories and grilling tools that everyone in the world has.

He bought his egg this year...when I made him do it.

Consider making him order from the ceramic grill store and thermapen and guru and maverick and get a third hand and wiggle rod and don't forget the dp rubs and some carnivore sauce...Tim B)
  • Roll Tide
    Roll Tide Posts: 505
    Options
    Which Jim n Nicks are you close to?
  • Sundazes
    Sundazes Posts: 307
    Options
    The thermapen might not go on carry on, not because of the wires, but the long pointed probe. Same with any pointed items. It all depends on the TSA agent. The smallet the airport, the bigger the pain.
    For the rubs, I would either make him order them or foodsaver yours with multiple bags so they dont get flagged for drugs or something.
    I would get a tackle/ammo/dry box and wrap everything really well and ship it.

One more item- keep a list of what you take/ship. Check off the itmes when you pack up to leave. I left my Third hand and wiggle rod 200 miles from home and had to order them again...
  • Hitch
    Options
    Here in Augusta, sadly, I'm not. We get over to Kiawah pretty often, and my wife goes in to Charleston on a very regular basis. I buy their hottest hot sauce by the quart there. VERY VERY reasonable as well. They charge me $8 per quart (which fills 2.5-3 dispenser bottles which they throw in for free). They make great gifts. Just ask YB! He loves the stuff too now.