Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Denver fest limbo

Options
Desert Filly
Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We leave for Denver fest on Friday...still have no idea what I'm cooking. Help me out here. For some strange reason...heart isn't in it. Don't even want to take my Iron Egg Chef hat....it was a CWM thing.

The Filly

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Now what would mike say to that?? :( he would want you to go and have a blast and wear your hat. so you don't cook, even though many will be disappointed that you don't, the world will not come to an end ;) and I bet something will come to you if you stop stressing over it. maybe this is a fest to just go and have fun. and remember a great friend. I am sure he is watching and will smile on what ever you decide to do.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Pull up yer boot straps, Mike would want that! Thought you guys were doind totilla za's. How bout tort quesadillas. Rum cake, PLEASE!!!! Hodawgs, FOR SURE!!
    Hope that jazzes you up a bit. Bring the IC hat, Mike is watching.
    I'm doing his shrimp at the after party. Looking forward to seeing, talking and cooking with you both!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Here's an idea...

Bust out your Wok...and do a few batches of Shrimp Scampi!!

I think he'd like that...and it'd be a tasty...yet tasteful reminder that the Fest is "One Rib Short" this year!

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    I vote for Ribs. :)
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Kim, I can understand your heart not being into it, but Mike would want you to egg on in your IEC chef hat. He was so proud of you!

Seems like the gang has some good suggestions. I was looking forward to attending this year's Denver fest, but my niece's plans have altered my plans.

I'm sure your funk will lift once you all start reminiscing about CWM!
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Kim:

Hardly a day goes by that I don't think about Mike. Chubby recently sent me one of the best pics of us from OKC two years ago that I had never seen. Wish I could figure out how to post it. Why don't you do something like a big mess of Italian Spaghetti.... Easily done, and I've never seen that at a fest. It would have no attachment to CWM, and would be fun. I've got a killer recipe that would be enjoyed.

Have fun, because he would. I miss him.

LR
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Filly...That's the last thing Mike would want. There is not a day that passes that Mike doesn't come to mind.
    My advice, wear that hat even more proudly this year than you have in the past! You could put a 'doo rag' under it to make the point as to where your heart is. ;) Enjoy the fest, and enjoy the warmth and comfort everyone will share as an Egghead family.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    You all just brought tears to my eyes again, and I thought I was over this, thank you. -RP
  • Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    Options
    me too AZRP. Love you guys...and I'm now out of the funk....I'll try to figure the "doo rag" under the IEC hat....but no ribs.....look for pics

The filly
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    YES, back in the saddle!!!! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    You do your Ya-Ya sisters proud! I'd like to know how you do your doo rag because I will be needing your support for the Plano fest. I had so much fun with Mike last year and it will be hard to face....maybe the doo rag will help. Have fun and I sure wish we could be with you.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Never thought I would love a hen, but I do. -RP
  • BigDaddy - OCT
    Options
    Come on Filly!! Of course Mike would want you to cook but you earned that hat by beating several of us so get in there and make us all proud!!

Bruce
  • cwmsis
    cwmsis Posts: 16
    Options
    Kim :( I have no help or advice on what you should cook, but...I know that Mike thought so very much of you and would want you to go, have fun, be with friends, and share a few laughs and stories (even some about him)! Take your hat, wear your dew rag, cook something great - or don't, have fun, shed a tear if you will, and remember your friend. He will be there with you in spirit and heart.