Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

is there a gibberish generator?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
edited November -1 in Off Topic
This is no joke. I'm active on another new and quite small board. We have had a steady band of newbies sign up as a member, but after doing so they never come back or ever post. What strikes me strange is the names are not words but almost gibberish like they were generated by a computer program. Never any numbers just letters and typically 8 to 13 letters long. The webmaster told me these new members have the same of two domain names, but no website behind the domain name. Several of us are wondering if our board is being set up for attack someway somehow. The sign up names are so weird that they stand out and as I said they never post nor come back, nor do they complete any member profile info.

The other strange occurrence was the other night we had 17 guests looking at the same time. The most I have ever seen at the same time before that was 3 and most times 0 or 1 is norm. Our board is small and it's highly unlikely 17 guests could have shown up like that! Five minutes later they were all gone.

Anybody have any thoughts what somebody might be up to and what to watch for? Thanks for your insight!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments