Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed loin 1st try

Options
TNmike
TNmike Posts: 643
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Now I'm usually just a 'meat and tators' cook but always see so many nice cooks here it was time for me to try one of the tempting things posted here. So went with the stuffed pork loin.

It looked pretty rough during my 'C' cut, knife skills need a little work :) but got it done. Stuffed with feta cheese with basil and sundried tomatoes, provolone, minced garlic, sea salt, spinach and fresh ground pepper. Went with indirect @350* but did bump it up to 380* after 45 min, thought it was cooking way too slow for a loin and didn't want it to dry out. Pulled when it got to 150-160 depending on where I stuck the thermopen. It turned out fine for a 1st attempt I just didn't add enough of the 'stuffing'. Will do better next time. No pics of the prep and was half gone before I got any after pics but here they are. Don't be 'fraid to try something different. I always enjoy the pics of the fine cooks posted on the forum but all of them make me feel like a burger flipper. Mike

DSC01346.jpg

DSC01347.jpg

Comments