Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I Love Prime Rib, But...

Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
05_18_0018_20_01.jpg
<p />Prime Rib is really tough to cook for 1 or 2 people - tonight it was just 1. A while back my very favorite friend (wife) went to the butcher and had several steaks cut from a prime rib roast. The one in the picture was the last and smallest - suggest at least 1 1/4 inches thick. It was cooked at 2/2/5 minutes and it was really great! Not as weel done as the picture illustrates. [p]If you like Prime Rib but don’t want to make a whole roast, try it, I can almost guarantee that you’ll like it![p]BTW – I covered it with the rub from the Memphis Style Ribs.[p]
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]

Comments

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Gfw,
    Man that is one fine lookin' ribeye! Your posts continue to make me drool! You do a fantastic job!!![p]Thought fer a minute, it was gona be dem sweet potaters again! :^)))[p]Keep up the fantastic work my friend![p]Dr. Chicken

• Fritz
    Fritz Posts: 179
    Gfw,[p]We just had a whoe ribeye cut at 1.5 inches thick. It was only $3.99/#.[p]We cook them 2/2/2 so they are nice and red. :-)[p]Fritz
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Gfw,[p]Keep that butcher - those look very good. I still prefer the filet mignon but I do a rib-eye now and again - those look better than any I have tried though.[p]Tim
  • MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Gfw,
    Is that studio broccoli or is it real. It's the same bowl in every picture. Maybe the meat isn't real too. You computer people are soo good with that stuff. Better send me that meat so we can check it to make sure. GRRR...ATE job. You have shared som really good pictures in the last few weeks. Thanks