Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chubby's Chocolate Chip Kahlua Cake

Options
Boxerpapa
Boxerpapa Posts: 989
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made this for the first time. It's cooling down, but it smells oh-so-good.

390316381.jpg

390317629.jpg

Comments

• Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Oh my gosh that looks good. Making one next weekend, can't wait!
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Ah, thats it! Wait until you taste it :P

ahahah.jpg
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    hey, don't give the chubster too much credit. ...i think it was mrs squeeze that first introduced it to the egg nation a few years back. .. . LOL... the rest of us stole it from it her!!
  • ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    Options
    i really like your quote from churchill.... very poignant to me.... thanks!..... great looking cake too! ray
  • milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    Options
    It do look tasty. Might be nice iffin you posted the directions fer makin it. :):):)
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    EGGFEST 2006
    Chocolate Chip Kahlua Cake
    Ann Tabor
    Houston, Texas

1 Box of German Chocolate Cake Mix
    1 Package Instant Chocolate Pudding
    1 Pint Sour Cream
    ¾ Cup Oil
    4 Eggs
    1/3 Cup Kahlua
    ½ Bag Chocolate Chips

Set up Egg for an indirect cook. Stablilize at 350 degrees (at the grid) and make sure there is no smoke (this may take a while). Mix everything together and pour into greased Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    it is even better the next day :) if it lasts that long LOL
  • milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Thanks be to the Chubster. Thia looks so simple even a Hill Person names Billy could make one. :lol::lol: Thank you Ronnie.
  • Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    Options
    when my niece was visiting a couple of weeks ago, she requested his cake. So...I set her up on the LBGE,and the cake was gone in about 4 days. Next time, try it with melted choc frosting....yummmmm
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Chubby- I've made this cake many times (albeit not in the egg). It is a favorite at home and at work - as a matter of fact I'm making one Thursday night to take with me on vacation....leaving Friday for a week in the Smokey Mountains! Thank you for sharing this recipe - it's the bomb.
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Do you just melt the frosting and drizzle it over the top, or is the frosting used as one of the ingredients?
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    As Max said above...

Kevin's (Squeeze) wife was the first person I ever saw do it on a Egg!

Ann and I have played with it a good deal, but it's not like we invented it...lol!!

We've done a version with toasted coconut and coco Loco drizzeled at the end...oHHH MMMy!!

Another is one with a Gran Mariner Glaze and Seville Oranges baked in!

P10100852.jpg

Whe we were telling Ann's (my wife) Mom about it and she went running to her recipe box and pulled out about 20 variations
    on this theme,(from the 60's no less)! They were called "Dump Cakes" and the recipe became popular as a way to
    help sell the "new" Instant Puddings...and of course the "Bundt Pan"!

Who knew?

A search of Dump Cakes will yeild a treasure trove of info!!

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!