Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Spare Ribs: Membrane?

MeatosBanditosMeatosBanditos Posts: 259
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy all,

In the past three years (since owning my egg) I've primarily cooked with baby-back ribs from Sam's Club. Recently, I've been trying the spare ribs. One immediate thing I noticed was that it's incredibly simple to take the membranes off the baby-backs, and near impossible on some of the slabs of spares. I've had a few slabs of spares where I can take it off, but usually I end up just penetrating straight to the bone.

To do some checking I called Sam's Club and the meat guy there told me that many of the spares don't have have any membrane on them.

Is this true? I knew if I came to the forum I'd get the truth (yes, I can handle the truth).

Thanks!

Comments