Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sig block \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Carolina Q
Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
Anyone else notice all the backslashes in people's sig blocks? I saw them in mine and when I went to my profile, I found line after line of them. They seem to precede quotes and apostrophes. You can delete them in your profile, but they seem to reappear after a bit. Just noticed them today. The only thing I have done differently of late is check the ignore box. Weird.

For the record, if this is the price I have to pay for the Ignore Box, I will gladly do so!! Thanks again for that!! :)

Lawn Ranger's...

\\\\\\\\"There are two ways to get to the top of an Oak tree;....climb it, or sit on an acorn\\\\\\\\".

Stike's...

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The first time I hung a ham in the living room, Alice pointed out that some of the people we expected at a PTA gathering didn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t know us well enough to see the logic behind the ham\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s presence\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Calvin Trillen in \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Travels with Alice\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" 1999

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Mine had 50 or so yesterday :huh:
  • It's a bug from adding the ignore anonymous users. Additional backslashes are added every time you modify your profile.

Have you guys been checking and unchecking the ignore function? Howard Stern effect indeed.
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Carolina Q,

There appears to be a bug in the component we use to manage the profiles.
    I'll have to investigate. It has become far more of a problem since the "ignore" flag was added to the profile -- now there's a new reason to edit it.

I'll probably also add a link somewhere to turn it on/off more easily than by editing the profile, but that was a relatively quick way to add the feature.
  • Carolina Q
    Thanks. No biggie. I just deleted the offending characters and it's all good. Makes me look like I dont know how to spell don't, but I can live with that. :lol:

FAR, FAR better than not having the Ignore option.

Btw, I just noticed that I CAN see the ignored poster's post in the Topic History below where I am typing this. Once I click Submit, he disappears though.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Carolina Q,

There are still a couple places I need to add the filter; and, I will fix profile issue too.
  • i noticed you mentioned it has become "more" of a problem. i think that means you noticed they have always been there.

FWIW, they were always in my signature line when i viewed them on my 'edit profile' page, even though they never (rarely?) showed up on the forum.

even when I deleted them while editing the profile, they seemed to come back, so i gave up, especially since it was only visible in my edit profile interface.

recently they have they made the leap to appearing on the forum itself.
  • Carolina Q
    NM

Michael 
    Central Connecticut