Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

eggtoberfest

rib rangler
rib rangler Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
three days left cant wait!! i hope they keep in mind its about the fans of the egg and not all about making money, and yes i know its about making money. but moving it to the speedway shows its about making more money.i did not see anything about the care packages, or drinks included this year..

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Maybe it's about allowing more people to attend and not having to turn away the hundreds of people that are unable to register in the first couple of days.

The grounds in Tucker just are not big enough to support the legions of "fans" that want to attend. I think it is a great show of support from BGE to move it. The event will be exponentially harder to produce off-site.
  • I think they understand that it's about the fans of the egg, which is a big reason they've moved it to a larger venue to accomodate more of them... & there is always the money, lets face it, it's what makes the world go'round... or at least pays for it
  • TnVolKen
    TnVolKen Posts: 198
    rib rangler wrote:
    three days left cant wait!! i hope they keep in mind its about the fans of the egg and not all about making money, and yes i know its about making money. but moving it to the speedway shows its about making more money.i did not see anything about the care packages, or drinks included this year..

This is from their website. Beer and soft drinks
    will be available; coolers are also permitted. Demos, raffles, music and even
    Pace Car rides will be available!
  • Fidel
    And here I was thinking that it was Newton's First Law of Motion that made the world go 'round (or at least explains it).
  • maybe, but nowhere in his law will you find a way to acquire beer
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Beer and fig newtons are good.... :)
  • it says beer and soft drinks available, does not say included, which tells me if you dont bring a cooler you will be buying drinks. for me i enjoy meeting the eggheads,which everyone i met were good people. and tasted alot of great food..
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    How have they done it in the past (free beer/drinks)? This will be my first Eggfest. I'm sure it is expensive to coordinate this event, so buying a reasonable priced soft drink/beer wouldn't be a big deal for me. The food is included in the price which is one of the reasons I will be there.
  • Steeler Fan
    Steeler Fan Posts: 395
    You haven't attended and you live in Augusta GA !! Just kidding if you saw Bente then you know why they are lukewarm in answering about free beer. To anser your question though, in the past the wine, beer, soft drinks were free Friday nite with a sumptous buffet. Saturday, beer and soft drinks plus prize drawings very first class all the way. In a prior post, I believe it was Mike he mentioned that Ed Fisher did not want disappointed customers and they are trying to alleviate it.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    The shift key should be on the far left of the keyboard, towards the bottom probably. ;)
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    LOL I'm a new Egghead and looking forward to this event. I know there are several Eggheads on this forum from Augusta and hopefully I can meet them someday. We got a number of BGE dealers here.

Anyways, thanks for the quick reply. I hope I can meet several of you good people in October and learn a lot from the old pro's.

Steeler fan here also.
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    We moved to the Speedway to accomodate more people, it was a courtesy decision not an economic decision. We will have complimentary beer, soft drinks, and water as long as they last, after that you can buy from the track vendor. A huge hint included in the informaton is "You can bring a cooler" or several coolers if you choose.

We had way more people complain about not being able to get in last year than we had people signed up. That is why we moved, so the party could include more folks.

I hope this helps to answer your concerns.
  • Steeler Fan
    Steeler Fan Posts: 395
    Welcome to the neighborhood. There are quite a few eggers in the CSRA. I believe that "YB" and a few others are cooking the first weekend in October. I can't make it have to go to Pittsburgh. I understand that there will be an influx of RAVENS and I need to be there for the "roundup". Hope to meet you on either Friday or Saturday at the speedway. Trust me you will be able to identify either Bente or I.
  • i'm going to enjoy the people, and sharing recipes. the drinks are not important to me.it just makes me wounder what the hole event is really about. ( its not my fault if you cant read with out capital letters )
  • TnVolKen
    TnVolKen Posts: 198
    Thanks Bobby,

This was a great response.
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    The whole event is about sampling food made on the BGE, meeting new folks, seeing old friends, getting a chance to cook some cool things, buying egg stuff at a discount, weekend away from home (with or without the kids), picking up some interesting recipes, being able to tell stories for a long time, having blackmail material, realizing that almost everyone is nice in person (regardless of how they come across on the forum), understanding there are a few buttholes in the group....and a few of them admit it!
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Somebody's Wheaties get pee'd in this Morning?

The Beaver
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    ROFLMAO.... :woohoo: :lol: :silly: :pinch:
  • Fidel
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    You have before :-)
  • Fidel
    I never run from who I am.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    rib rangler wrote:
    i know its about making money...

Not sure that's is such a bad thing.

Last time I checked when people go to work most of then want a pay check.

Just think if the fest wasn't put on then there wouldn't be anything to complain about.

Enjoy the fest, hopefully we can get there at some point in time.

GG