Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Going Back To My Old Smoker!!!

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,026
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
The Big Green Egg is a joke. It leaves the food dry and tasteless. The temp is all over the place all the time. The grill doesn't even have the option to come in stainless steel! Green doesn't match my deck as it would stainless steel. Biggest waste of money ever spent! Gas is so much easier and consumes less time and effort!

Ok, so I hope I have raddled your cage a little at this point. I love my egg and would never trade it for any other grill. Just needed a attention grabber. I am going to trade in my egg for my old smoker just for the weekend. I'm going to Wefest this weekend which is the biggest Country Musical fest in the nation. So my butt will be planted in a lawn chair all day long at our campsite. My friends and I attend the concerts at night. Wednesday - Sunday morning. Lots of food and way too much beer. So I'm trading in my egg for my old smoker for the weekend. Going to have to dig the old smoker out of the shed. The old smoker breaks down into sections for more room in the girlfriends car. I wish the egg was a little more portable. I'm also glad it's not! You would think my buddies and I would realize beer wasn't going to run out tomorrow and have a few beers less. My screen tent came back in shreds last year after a few days of drinking and my friend falling into it. I know my egg would come back in pieces as well. I'm also guessing a few people out of the 80,0000 know what the green egg is worth and it would show up missing after the concerts. So the old crappy smoker is tagging along. Can't just sit around all day and not grill/smoke something. Must be the inner griller in me. I guess I will have to do with some dry and tasteless food this weekend!
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments