Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sizzle Q clearanced at Lowes in Mcdonough

Options
jetmac
jetmac Posts: 34
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
$32.45 was $59.95

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Thanks, BTW you must live near me. I live in Jackson. Contact me offline with a number and maybe we can egg together sometime.
    Todd
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    The Sizzle Q is made by the Griddle Q people. It's just a little thinner metal and does not have the lifetime warranty as does the Griddle Q. Even so, it's still a great griddle for your gasser (they don't make an Egg-Size version that I'm aware of.

Must be a lot of gadget designers wanting to get on the bandwagon. We ran across this one at Sur la Table in the Champions Forest area a few days ago.

GriddleQknockoff.png

Looked nice but clearly not the quality of the Sizzle Q or Griddle Q.

I love mine. Got one that fits my large and another one for my gasser (which I gave away). I need to buy another gasser.

Good heads up.

Spring "Griddling And Sizzling" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Spring Chicken wrote:
    I need to buy another gasser

Heresy!!!! Gonna report you to the BGE police! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Rick in Crystal Lake
    Options
    If they are designed for "gassers', how do they stand up to the higher temps used with real lump? Otherwise looks like a good accessorie to add to my collection!!
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    My gasser was pretty powerful and got it plenty hot but as I developed my griddle skills cooking on both the Egg and gasser I learned that "HOT" is not always the best temperature to cook on the Griddle Q. So when I think it's about ready I sprinkle a few drops of water on the surface and if it quickly 'dances' then the griddle is ready.

Some things do take more heat though, and both and Egg or a decent gasser should be able to handle it.

By the way, my Egghead neighbor, Lucky Mon, loves his Griddle Q on his gasser.

They do give you an additional way of cooking, for sure.

Spring "Hot Ain't Always Hot" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Haaaaa I'll try to keep my purchase a secret.

Spring "Almost Nabbed" Chicken
  • Rick in Crystal Lake
    Options
    Thanks, I believe I will give one a try.