Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

desktop background

13»

Comments

• Do you take that yourself???? Very impressive if so. What kind of camera are you using????

Joel
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Thanks Joel, I took that Saturday night. HERE is a link to my post the other night when I answered the same. HERE is a link to a slide show of some of the photos I have posted on Woosdays often using the same rig. :)

Blair

• Gator Bait

Hey BENTE, this help any?
    Picture114AA.jpg

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    it looks like her but her father would know better

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Gator Bait

Cool, that little Snowy Egret was in full breeding plumage and was showing off. :cheer:

No wonder the plume hunters almost killed them all off a century ago.

Blair

• Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Hey, is that a shot of "Happyjack" at Horseshoe?
  • ozegg
    ozegg Posts: 50
    This is my current background, walking into Angkor Wat Cambodia. Its an amazing temple!
    angkormod.jpg
  • Ashman
    Ashman Posts: 375
    Puts a smile on my face every time I see it.

0908_Pirates7_133.jpg
  • I was in Angkor this past Christmas. What an awesome spot. It makes Tekal look like a strip mall.

Siem Reap was so much better than I thought it would be too. I'd love to go back someday.

We just had a hard cover book of our trip made through iphoto - bound hardcover for about $60. I think it was well worth it.
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    My homebrewing is still being done on my kitchen gas stovetop. I haven't tried boiling the wort on the Egg and also am not looking to incorporate any smokiness to my homebrews. Here's my desktop photo that frankly leaves me thirsty during the workday.

PlinytheElder001.jpg
  • RiverFarm
    RiverFarm Posts: 216
    Gator Bait wrote:

Thanks Joel, I took that Saturday night. HERE is a link to my post the other night when I answered the same. HERE is a link to a slide show of some of the photos I have posted on Woosdays often using the same rig. :)

Blair

Your photos are beautiful, Blair! Do you do this professionally? I loved looking at them.
  • Gator Bait

Hi RiverRat

Thanks, I'm delighted you like them. Do I do this professionally? Yes and no, I am professionally trained in classic photography. At the moment I am not doing it for money but for the pleasure I get with sharing my photos. If I could find a market for them it would help.

Blair

• RiverFarm
    Blair, I would mat or frame them and bring them to art shows. Photography sells well because the price point is lower than original art, yet your images are lovely. The photo of the black skimmers flying low was especially amazing. I do portraits and other figurative works in oils, and it's not a great time for that kind of work, but I would think people would love the opportunity to purchase your pictures, especially in areas where tourists are numerous. They really evoke the atmosphere of the coast.

Leslie
  • BENTE
    is not going to help us.. but thanks for trying. i thought this would be the thread i would finally get my answer. but sadly it looks as if i won't :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Gator Bait

My pleasure BENTE, you got me curious also. I'm not convinced it's Spawn. I wish I could have done more with the photo. I don't see any glasses on the other photographer and going back through the archives a bit couldn't find anyone dressed like that. I don't know if the Wiz or Wess or somebody has a collection of photos of that event on line or not.

Blair

• BENTE
    wess was still in bed :laugh:

i talked to max he said it is her and said there is a copy of that photo she took somewhere.. he said he would try to find it ;)

thanks again for your help

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Terry my mind was a little clouded that morning but I thought I remembered Max and Spawn being at the opposite end when you asked Doug to take the pics :whistle:
  • Gator Bait

That might be good advice Leslie, I will have to give that some thought. Quality mounted and matted prints are not cheep. I have a great deal of respect for your work in portraits and other figurative works in oils, that takes great practice and talent. We have plenty of tourist around here, LOL, I'm half way between Sanibel and Fort Myers Beach.

Blair

• Gator Bait

Cool, you were right. Every shot of her I could find I think she was wearing a blue sweatshirt. Now I am curious as to what her photo looks like. :laugh:

Blair

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    I have fairly recently taken an interest in French Realism Art Works, particularly those of William Bouguereau. My current desktop is the likeness of his 1882 work "La Crepuscule" aka "Evening Mood".
    *Due to the R-rating" I choose to paste the link rather than the actual image.

http://www.bouguereau.org/La-Crepuscule-large.html
  • RiverFarm
    Bacchus, what a beautiful painting! Normally I prefer the Impressionists, but that is lovely.

Blair, are there any places where you could try selling your work? Even card shops or other non-specifically-art-related places would work. Many years ago we lived on an island off the coast of Washington State, and we used to sell some of our photos of sunsets and fishermen at the little general store by the ferry dock.

It costs very little to mat a picture. I have giclées of my work, and I have them made to sizes that fit the standard mats which you can buy at Michael's or AC Moore. Some of the mats come with backing, or you can make them with posterboard. You can buy plastic sheaths at clearbags.com for whatever size you're using, always allowing a little extra room for the thickness of the mat. Together that makes a really nice presentation and I've sold giclées that way at shows, as have a lot of other artists I know.

Leslie