Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT egg wise, but I need help

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,890
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Long story but I promised Pat, my beloved wife of nearly 44 years now, that I am going to fix us "wonderful" breaded tenderloin sandwiches tomorrow night like we used to enjoy before either of us knew how to cook! To start I have thawed and will butterfly some pork loins...then all I assume is beating them and some dredging in an egg/milk wash maybe? and then a breading of crushed cracker crums maybe? but from there on just a hot cook in oil?
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    RRP...How about a Milanese style? Panko bread crumbs, chopped fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, rosemary if you have it) and some parm cheese? (the green can parm stuff is fine). Toss all the above together with some s&p.... then your traditional breading technique?
    And yes, pound out the pork a bit, though I like the pork cutlets, that don't take much pounding.
    You'll do great!! NO worries!! :)
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Ron,

For a traditional midwestern tenderloin sandwich pound it flat, bread it in eggwash and saltine crumbs, then fry it in hot oil until crispy.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Use(sliced)(1/2-3/4 in thick) TENDERLOIN(pounded flat).Remember,dry to wet,wet to dry.Coat in seasoned flour(season the meat first),then,eggwash,milk or buttermilk,then flour,crushed ritz/saltines/cornflakes whatever coating you want.Pan fry in a Cast Iron Skillet!YUMMMEEE!We cook em up for breakfast sometimes! :whistle::) I'm talkin OLD SCHOOL! ;)
  • Hoss
    Options
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    All of the above sounds great

One of my favorites is
    Egg wash
    Italian bread crumbs (Progresso)
    pan fried

Sides - steamed broccoli and corn on the corn

traditional birthday meal around here
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Got cast iron pot? Set up the egg indirect and fry on the egg. I have done with chicken fried steak before. just don't fill the thing with oil.
  • Hoss
    Options
  • Unknown
    Options
    Here you go, Ron.

24MVC-019S.jpg

Thick cut out of whole loin, pounded, breaded, and fried in lard.

A real meal...

Dipstick
  • RRP
    Options
    Thanks one and all! Guess I haven't forgotten how to do them after all!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    how do they fix them traditionally, up here they would be served in a crusty sub roll with marinara poured on top. read your bee story yesterday and thought to myself that i havent been bit in a while which is unusual for me, go home, put the shorts and tevas on and wahmo, walk into a honey bee swarm :ermm: wiped out my back last week and couldnt even run, hobbled into the lake :laugh: toes are on fire still today :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    Options
    well I learned my lesson with that single wasp. Finally this morning my hand is back to normal size. I can't believe how brazen I have been during my life of knocking down nests of mud daubers and paper nest builders and never been stung before. I have a whole new respect!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    ive had a few hundred bite bee days and just seem to get bit randomly all thru the year except when its really cold, i like the cold :laugh: welding attracts them into the shop which doesnt help. every once in a while i hear about someone thats never been bit :laugh: they seem to single me out :ermm:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    Options
    never thought of you being full of sweetness that would attract bees - thought you were more of a p*ss and vinegar kind of guy!