Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

ideal temp for Pork Tenderloin

TennisbumTennisbum Posts: 228
edited 2:30PM in EggHead Forum
having a party this weekend and will cook a few pork tenderloins. I have no trouble with a bit of pink in the middle but not sure about the guests. What would you suggest as ideal pull off temp?
Thanks for your help
gp
·

Comments

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    i like 145 my self

but if you have a few that do not eat pink pork i would cook a couple to 160ish

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Ours is usually 145 to 150 AFTER resting ... pull it around 142 ish and give it a fair amount of resting time.

Joel
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I agree with Terry, but let it rest under some foil for 10-15 minutes before you slice it. It will be the most tender pork they ever ate. -RP
    ·
  • TennisbumTennisbum Posts: 228
    Thanks guys. I went to the feedback forum, where I probably should have started, and 145 seems to be the temp of choice. But as suggested I will leave two on till 160 just for good measure.
    Thanks
    gp
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,861
    IMHO anything for tenderloin or regular loins over 145F is starting to dry out the meat. I pull 140-145F and rest 10-15 minutes. It will gain 2-5 degrees depending on size of meat. Also If you reheat the next day the dried out meat will be VERY dry and not tender. JMTCW.
    ·
  • TennisbumTennisbum Posts: 228
    Richard,
    do you rest tented or open, my guess is tented.
    gp
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,382
    I just finished a pork tenderloin (s&p plus herbes de provence, 400° raised direct). Meant to pull at 145° or so, but as is almost guaranteed with me, I overshot. Got all the way to 165°!! I only rested it for a few minutes (tented). Very tasty, juicy and tender. Still some pink in the middle, but not much.

Richard may have a point about it drying out when you reheat leftovers, but this was a partial tenderloin, just enough for one - there WERE no leftovers!! Good stuff!!! :lol:
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    135-140 MAX!!!
    ·
  • Doing a couple this weekend using coffee rub Richard sent me a while back - I'm pulling at 135 and tenting for 15 minutes.
    ·
  • ozeggozegg Posts: 50
    Agree with hoss pull around 135-140 and let rest. Although in Australia we do not have any cases of trichinosis in pork.
    ·