Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

just ordered the anthony bourdain no res box set

Options
deepsouth
deepsouth Posts: 1,796
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i've heard of this guy for years, but we don't get him over here in missuckssippi. i caught a few of his shows while over in pensacola on vacation and he seems real interesting. i had never seen a show about food that was "intended for mature audiences".

any other fans of his on here? his shows seem real interesting. have they always been? (i'm hoping so.)

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I like him. He's a little off center, but that's ok, so am I. :)

You wanna talk about Tony though - ask Max!! :lol:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Tony's great! He's a hard eating, hard drinking, chain smoking kind of guy. :laugh: I love his journeys. He will eat some 'off' food, but not that crazy kind of stuff that Zimmerman does! Tony's 'off' culinary choices are typically village delicacies, which we may find rather repelling. You'll enjoy them! We always find him informative and entertaining. :)
  • Jasper
    Jasper Posts: 378
    Options
    Great show! I've seen just about all of them. I always get a good laugh.
    Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, an affront to all I stand for, the pure enjoyment of food. The body, these waterheads imagine, is a temple that should not be polluted by animal protein. It's healthier, they insist, though every vegetarian waiter I've worked with is brought down by any rumor of a cold.

Oh, I'll accomodate them, I'll rummage around for something to feed them, for a 'vegetarian plate', if called on to do so. Fourteen dollars for a few slices of grilled eggplant and zucchini suits my food cost fine."
    — Anthony Bourdain
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • Pepper Monkey BBQ
    Options
    Bourdain is classic ... very crude ... call it like you see it ... and if you watch it with a sense of humor as well as a curiosity about food, you'll enjoy him for sure! We DVR his show and usually watch it during dinner time.
  • Monty Burns
    Options
    I'm definitely a fan of Bourdain's. Read a few of his books (Kitchen Confidential is the most famous) and have seen almost all of the 'No Reservations' shows. What you see is what you get - he travels and eats and shares his opinions - and it is pretty entertaining. I may not always agree with him but I love how passionate he is about food.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Get his book Kitchen Confidential, and you will laugh your butt off. I got it on books on tape from the library and listened to it on a road trip. It's an eye-opener about what goes on behind the scenes in restarants he has worked in. You will also see the background of Bourdain, and why he turned out the way he is in the TV show.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Tony Bourdain is a hoot, and pretty smart and honest to boot. Pretty good cook. Maybe 7 - 8 on a scale to 10.

If you don't mind a "bleeping" attitude, you will find him very entertaining and informative. The earlier episodes tend to be more "artsy" and confrontational, the later ones actually really artful, and still sometimes filled with razor cut comments.
  • IndependentGrocer
    Options
    Tony is addicting. Have seen every episode and have the DVR set to record.