Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Harbor Freight weed burner

WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
edited 10:19PM in EggHead Forum
Seemed like a pretty good deal to me...$12.99 + $6.99 S/H...I have no idea how long this is good for, merely passing along the savings...
http://www.harborfreight.com/propane-torch-91033.html
·

Comments

• CecilCecil Posts: 771
    Thanks Wess

Walt
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,837
    Thanks. Are there small propane bottles for portability or do you have to use the large monster for fuel?
    ·
  • MattMatt Posts: 143
    Richard --

I have a small Weber gasser for camping and tailgating that runs off of "plumber's propane" -- the small blue canisters. I can get an adapter that allows me to attach to a large propane tank instead, though I haven't done it. I assume that a reverse adapter would also exist.

Matt
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,924
    might be time for a new one, mines about 8 years old, still works great but looks like hell, guess leaving it out all year long in the rain, snow, sun isnt the best for them, will treat my new one the same way :laugh:
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Richard..I have no idea, I've personally never used one of these, but know that a lot of people here like to play with em. I would agree with the adapter theory tho...
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    Thanks Wess, have thought about wanting one. NOW seemed to be the time.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    I love mine
    ·
  • MACMAC Posts: 442
    Rich

I have one and a small LP tank. You know the one that looks like a 40 BBer but small. It sets in the garage on top of my big tank with the weed burner attached. just take it out and light Mr. Egg right up. It is GRRR . . .ATE for A personalities. LOL
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Richard, you can use the small tanks with the same connector but the little bottles while having the correct water column inches of pressure static won't handle the volume at 1/2 or fully open.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    Did just order, how would a smaller size of 11 or 4 1/2
    tank work? Anyone do this?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 1,625
    Richard,
    Here ya go this is all I use to light the large and medium eggs, use a map for the mini.
    IMG_3158.jpg
    IMG_3159.jpg
    IMG_3157.jpg
    Got the tank adapter at Bass Pro Shops.
    Have one in FL and one in NC.
    Pat is correct about the tank if you try to go wide open throttle the liquid propane will frez up the nozzle, no big deal ya don't need wide open throttle.
    Jupiter Jim
    I'm only hungry when I'm awake!
    ·