Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Eric Clapton

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    The dude can play a little. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    Molly, that sure is going to be a cool flick. I have the 07 one on DVD...it's killer.

The lineup for this year's was amazing. Too many of my personal favorites to imagine in one setting. :)

Unfortunately there isn't a theater close to me...

Send a review of the show if you see it!

Don't forget to watch Derek Trucks closely...that boy can play...and Clapton knows it as he's been backing Eric the last few years. We check out the Derek Trucks Band whenever they're within a 3hr. drive from us in PA.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I'm releived. I was scared this was another kinda news. wew. :unsure:
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    yeah, i saw a preview when i was at the movie theater the other night. .. lots of great guitars. . . but john mayer???!!! i can't stand that guy, and he couldn't carry clapton, king, or buddy guy's guitars out to the limo!!! .. .
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I saw John Mayer about 6 years ago. Very small venue, good show.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    I would say some are put off by his position on the pop charts, BUT....

John Mayer is a highly-regarded guitar player...highly regarded by people like Clapton, B.B, and Buddy Guy.

I'm not a big fan either...but many don't realize how he can play.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    yeah, you guys are probably right....i'm just not a fan of his music, and don't rank him up there with the others ...

regardless...if you want to see a great movie about guitars and guitar playing, go watch "it might get loud", the documentary with jimmy page, the edge and jack white . ..may be one of the best movies i've ever seen about music!! ...here's a trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ilEvbl3Vv0
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Saw Clapton live a few years ago in Houston. It was the best concert of my life. I'm not even a big Clapton fan. He was just that good live.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Phrettbender
    Options
    If John Mayer is in his blues mode he is super, if not I would rather not watch him, but he can play. The Crossraods Festival films have been excellent the past few events and this one should be equally as good. There is so much talent, and often people playing together that otherwise never do. I'll be seeing it tonight at 7:30pm at the local theater, wouldn't miss it!
  • ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    Options
    i'm confused.... why is it ok for some folks to post :huh: OT topics.... and other guys get yelled at for posting OT on the regular forum??? rr
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    You know Max many years ago I seen the movie "The Song Remains The Same" and I'll never forget that movie. I feel like this movie well be another great one. B) Tim
  • ChefBrian
    ChefBrian Posts: 172
    Options
    My Girlfriend and I flew to Chicago for this show. And will be sitting in the theater tonight to see part of it again. It was AWESOME! 100 degrees, Humid and $5 waters, and worth every second.
  • beerguy
    beerguy Posts: 116
    Options
    A friend of mine from here in Crosslake, MN drove down to Chicago and attended the event. She said Clapton was awesome and appeared genuinely excited. I would have loved to see Jeff Beck, too.
  • EgginDawg
    EgginDawg Posts: 747
    Options
    I saw Clapton last year for the first time ever, AWESOME!