Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hi From Aussie land

soniaM
soniaM Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey I've just bough my XL big green egg, they are a virtually unknown here. Havent used it yet looking for some exciting reciepies I usually have about 7 people to cook
for cant wait for the summer here were we always eat outside, I will be a season egger by then.. Sonia :evil:

Comments

• Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    You will love your new Egg. Everyone here will be very helpful. The recipe section will give you some great ideas. As a newbie, I am amazed at the amount of info on this forum. :)
  • Welcome to the forum. I've had my XL BGE for a year now and have no regrets. For smaller cooks, buy a reducing ring and you'll use less charcoal. That's the great thing about having a XL, you have the room if you need it for a large crowd or you can reduce the fire for the smaller groups. That XL will cook any thing you want. "Frank from Houma" has some good recipes for all things that swim ,crawl or slithers.
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Welcome to Eggland, you will have lots of fun here. Congratulations on your new egg. There are plenty of friendly Egger's here to help so feel free to ask question.

If you are in doubt about a cook come here "Before" rather then after so you don't have to say...What happened. :(

There is a small learning curve and we all have and still are going through it. There are members with website's full of info, let us know if you need links to get to some of them.

Regards,
    Bordello

My Ex was from El Salvador, her name is Zonia, it was hard to other to pronounce the Z as the wanted to use the S sound. :)
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Welcome Sonia! Where in Australia do you live?

I have an XLG and love it! You might want to look in the archives for more 'winter' oriented recipes. Have fun with your new egg.
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Welcome aboard Sonia. There is a wealth of information here. Use the search block at the top of the page for hours of reading.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Sonia,

Welcome! There are three other OZ eggers here. I'm in Canada and hope your winter is not that severe B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Execllent, Sonia. Keep us up on the dining trends in Upside-Down Land.
  • nuynai
    nuynai Posts: 101
    Just out of curiosity. How'd you get a BGE all the way down under. Thanks in advance.
  • Welcome, I work with quite a few Aussies, I can always count on them for help.

Get some exciting recipes, but also try your typical dishes, and maybe things that didn't cook so well when you tried them inside. The egg can transform them all. Also send pictures.