Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Done some cookin'

Options
Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
Mr. & Mrs Potatohead Posts: 2,037
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
GOV got me thinking about the pizza pies we made up and how I haven't taken time to post much latly. Partly this is a matter of not enough hours in a day and partly because I never seem to take pictures from start to finish.
But here goes with a number of recent cooks over the past week and a half, with what pictures I did take!

Got the pizza factory going again! One (traditional for our house) with sausage, mushroom, onion and ripe olives.
One Greek (seasoned with basil and dill) with a white sauce, chicken, spinach, artichokes, ripe olives, garlic and sun dried tomato.
Both were great served with a nice salad made up of fresh greens from the garden, but sorry....NO plated pics!
I guess once it's on the plate all we think about is eating!

P1010389.jpg

Then it was Salmon day!!
Raeanne's boyfriend just got back from a fishing trip to Lake Michigan. To say the least they were successful with Dylan taking top honors with an eighteen pound King!
Over all their trip had to be a VERY good one as we got about 20 lbs. of salmon..
I had to cut extra special planks (8" x 10") for these fillets!!

P1010391.jpg

Planks did a goodly amount of smoking!

P1010392.jpg

I did a 30 minute marinade with a rub of olive oil, then salt, pepper, garlic, lemon and ginger. They were then topped with sprigs of fresh dill weed before the cook.
Pulled at just flaking.

P1010393.jpg

Again...Sorry about the no plated pic thing! But we served up the salmon with roasted potatoes and a garden salad.

Also fired up the Egg for use with my Wok for the first time! Here is prep and some raws.

P1010394.jpg

I wasn't sure I could do it, as the wok I have has a "pan handle" and I hadn't checked for size....But it worked.
I wasn't able to get the wok down below the fire ring (the key here was to put the wok ring on the grid), but I had plenty of temp.
I did an old stand-by Pork Lo Mein with plenty of carrots, celery and broccoli....I was delish and a lot of fun doing it on the Egg. I even got Toni involved!

P1010395.jpg

P1010396.jpg

And lastly; over the weekend, I did my "Cook it on a Stick" with marinated chicken fillets (sliced, hammered and marinated with a base of balsamic, soy and brown sugar) and veggies (mushroom, peppers and onions, tossed with olive oil and S&P) on skewers, all roasted over a bit of cherry wood. This was served up with a double baked potato and the first taste of last years grape table wine.
The veggies

P1010397.jpg

Then...Ready to dig in!

P1010398.jpg

Comments

• Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Sorry abot that side-ways pic :blush:
    Thought I had fixed that!!
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    That's alot of eggin!! Everything looks great. I love Lo Mein.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Awesome to see your pics Jerry!! Nice place you got there!! See you in 60 days or so. Is raeanne still coming?
    Got you travels honed in?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Good looking cooks ,I am getting very hungry.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Molly:

Thanks.
    Thanks.
    You know it girl!!
    Maybe??!!?? As there may be a conflict now! Go to www.ReifCenter.org then go to About the Reif and click on Reif Staff
    Absolutely
    I’ll zip off an email to you later.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I'll say you did! It all looks WONERFULLY DELISH!
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    Nice cooks MMPH. Got the ingredients which is fine...that WOK...my favorite way to cook on the egg. I use the same method and LOVE IT...handle to hang onto, up high on the grid, perfect results every time. Keep On Eggin'
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    She is beautiful Jerry!! Looks like her mom, huh? B) :laugh: :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Well of course!!! I have a gray Beard and Mustache!
    But, folks who know me from "LONG AGO" do say that it could be a bit of me too!
    This could be a good thing, because then I really might be her father!!?? :lol:
    Here I am at 18 years of age.

DLHS2010.jpg

You put the pics side by side and make a judgement.
    I think I really am "The Dad"
  • chumdog
    chumdog Posts: 39
    Options
    pizza looks awesome! i made one tonite with leftover pulled pork and homemade bbq sauce, fresh grated gouda and adobo cheese!! tasty