Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Posting Conundrum

Options
thebtls
thebtls Posts: 2,300
edited November -1 in Off Topic
A couple of observations about posting; my two cents?

First, I belong to the forum for several reasons.

I want to share my recipes and cooking experiences, second I want to receive the same information in return from the forum, including other advice about things I might post. I am especially interested in observing and linking and sharing individual blogs and websites, a issue I still wish was some kind of reference list on this forum (someday maybe)...where we can see JUST cooking and recipes, etc. outside the forum format.

Now, the conundrum (actually that might be a stretch). Heck I'm not even sure where this was supposed to go frankly.

co·nun·drum/kəˈnəndrəm/Noun
1. A confusing and difficult problem or question.
2. A question asked for amusement, typically one with a pun in its answer; a

Today I posted "It's all gross and yucky" and in the first couple of hours has over almost 700 hits...Now, Had I posted, "how do I clean my knife block" I would get maybe 35 hits by midnight tomorrow; thus forcing me to make THIS post which I had been holding off on for awhile.

Thus the conundrum...if that is the correct use of the noun; how to post. WMK and others occasionally post comments urging us all to post relevant titles to the posts so they are search-able...I would agree, but you just don't get the hits we all desire. So the game becomes how to get people to click on your post.

So, tonight I have to decide if I post my new recipe for tuna steaks as "Tuna Steak" or "It looks and smells like tuna"...or "the other pink meat" you all know what one would get 1000 hits and which one would cost me more time to post pictures and copies of the recipe than the total combined efforts off all reviewers.

I'm just sayin' Now, there are those that will get 600 plus hits regardless of what they name their posts, and most are elders, many of which have earned the respect and acknowledgment of their experience by just posting period. No problem.

For the rest of us, if the title doesn't say "Ribs" or or "low and slow" it seems like you are left with a creative writing challenge...

...and then there are those that won't click on you at all because you don't post anything that appeals to them EVER, no problem there too.

Finally, I am MOST amused by the practice of those that post I item on the OT forum and then go to the main site and post a OT reference to their post on the OT forum...rendering the purpose of the OT forum TOTALLY useless...That I find as amusing at a minimum.

I LOVE ALL OF YOU and ENJOY EVERYTING ON THIS FORUM with the exception of the occasional sniping that goes on, but I try to avoid that too, especially if I can tell from the title that it has nothing to do with this glorious hobby or avocation of Big Green Egg Grillin'

KEEP ON EGGIN'

Tony

PS
My SECOND WISH for the forum (besides a set of blog links) is auto spell check, yes we can all do google spell check, but you have to remember that step...and the spelling on this forum....well enuff said.
Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241

Comments