Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how long for zippylip's pizza dough?

Options
highpress
highpress Posts: 694
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Guys,
I'm figuring about 3 hours to make zippylips pizza dough... Does this sound about right? From the slide show it looks like the dough only rests for a couple hours, and that's all that's needed correct? just checking... thanks!

Comments

• civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    It has been my experience that pizza dough and bread are much more flavorful if allowed to develop for a day in the refridgerator. It gives time for the yeast to develop and the flavors of the flour to come out. You can also use less yeast during long rises to eliminate yeasty flavors. Not saying same day doen't work or isn't right just that the longer time is a bonus.
  • highpress
    highpress Posts: 694
    Options
    Thanks Tim, perhaps i should have made the dough yesturday as we are doing pizza tonight. Oh well. I'm going to go ahead and get the dough started, i'm anxious as this is my first pizza dough attempt. Hopefully I didn't mess it up by not giving it enough time. Thanks, i'll let you know how it turns out...
  • mrdnks
    mrdnks Posts: 67
    Options
    If its not going in the fridge a couple hours is about right. Just give it time to douple.
    See how it turns out then make another batch and put in the fridge for about 4 days and see if there is much difference.
    Darn now you have to make pizza again ;)