Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Where to eat in Kentucky?

NJ-GrEGGNJ-GrEGG Posts: 171
edited 11:49AM in EggHead Forum
A co-worker and "future Egger" is heading to Kentucky next week to visit family. Any recommendations on where he can find good BBQ? Online so far we found
"Moonlite Bar-B-Q Inn" in Ownensboro and "Billys Barbecue in Lexington". Thoughts??

Comments

• BrokersmokerBrokersmoker Posts: 646
    Can't really think of many places that really stand out besides my backyard and I will be in SEdona, AZ. But in the Lexington area I would problably suggest "Corky's". It has been several years since I have been there, but besides the chain resturaunts it is pretty good.

Ken

PS I like that idea I'm gonna have to pose theww same ?? for Sedona, AZ area
    Oops forgot one single store (Mom & Pop) try "Tony's Barn" in Lawrenceburg, KY (about 10 miles south of Frankfort on Hwy 127.
  • Rusty RoosterRusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    If you are specifically looking for BBQ, Bootleg, east of Louisville is pretty good but I will not say it is the best I have ever had.
    If you like to try local dishes, be sure to try Burgoo, Moonlite maes their version.
  • kybuckeyekybuckeye Posts: 7
    Gilbertsville in Far Western Ky , by Kentucky Lake has Patty's 1880's which has great food and atmosphere . And good fishing nearby , too !
  • drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
    It's not BBQ, but for great home cooking find a Ramsey's. There are a few of them. Great home cooked sides and pies. It's a Louisville thing but you can get a great "Hot Brown" there as well. Go hungry!
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Skyline Chili...Period, hands down...no BBQ, but oh what an experience.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • TNmikeTNmike Posts: 643
    Ever try the pork chops at Patty's? Those things are huge and good!!
  • tsbradytsbrady Posts: 101
    BrokerSmoker, i.e..... Sedona, the only place I have ever eaten there is El Rincon, it is an Az style mexican and it is pretty good. It is in a old southwestern style mall on the river pretty close to the heart of the city
  • CecilCecil Posts: 771
    Agreed! Gold Star will work in a pinch. I will also echo that a Ky Hot Brown is a must.
  • kybuckeyekybuckeye Posts: 7
    They are sooo good .
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    I like Smoketown USA in Louisville. It's a really cool place with good Q.

http://www.smoketownusa.com/

Their Flintstone ribs are very good. Friendly bunch of people, they invited me out back to see their smokers and talked shop.
    Knoxville, TN
  • ledmondledmond Posts: 88
    The Keg in Fulton, KY.
    They also have several Ramsey's in Lexington. Just deoends on where in KY you might be.
  • drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
    I meant Lexington, but the Hot Brown is a Louisville thing.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ