Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Raised cooking grid

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wouldn't an extra fire ring laid on top of the existing one in a large give the proper height for a raised cooking grid?
·

Comments

• BBQ2,
    I might, but I just checked on my large. A second fire ring would place your second, higher grid ABOVE the lip of the lower shell. So, if you placed a grid on the second fire ring, there would be nothing to hold the grid in place, i.e., it could slide off to the sides or front. [p]
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • KevinHKevinH Posts: 165
    The Naked Whiz,[p]I'm not sure that is a big problem. I use firebricks turned on edge to support a raised grid on my large egg. The grid level is slightly above the lip of the lower shell, so I have to be careful not to slide the grid off. It is not much trouble.

·
  • KevinH,
    Well, I can just see someone using a spatula trying to get something off that is stuck on the grid. Whoops! But it's ok if you have a dog.... :-)
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • BBQ2,
    It is cheaper buy several fire bricks and split them to size with a brick chisel.

·
  • KevinHKevinH Posts: 165
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Right! Not having a dog, I have to be extra careful. :)
    ·
  • The Naked Whiz,[p]I was always told that when it goes on the floor, deck, etc, you take it into the kitchen to get the "OTHER" one... he he he he he....[p]Bonnie

·