Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eating Out Questionaire

Options
Daddy Pat
Daddy Pat Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Before becoming a BGE owner how many times a week and/or month did you eat out at bbq restaurants? Now that you are a BGE owner do you eat out bbq restaurants with the same regularity?

Comments

• Marine Cook
    Options
    Daddy Pat,[p]PreEGG we ate out a lot, 2-3 times a week. Post EGG we go out for Mexican and Chinese....that's it. Everything grilled we eat at home and like all eggers I've found a lot of things I can do on the egg that are normally done inside.
    Like grilled vegitables, fruit, pizza, chili, spagetti sauce and much more.[p]Smoked grooper tonight and country pork ribs Saturday night.[p]Semper Fi,[p]MC

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Daddy Pat, I may hit the rib places as I normally do. I do try everyone I see and talk to the guy who does the work. I learn from them and then try different things on the Egg. As far as steak and what not. I dont go out and have a steak as much as I may have done in the past. Here in Los Angeles we have quite a few small mom and pop rib places so it fun to go where no smart person would travel just to have some fine ribs.

• Mike in MN
    Options
    Daddy Pat,
    There are certain items we (forum members, AKA "eggers") cook that just can't be beat or improved upon by the bulk of the restaurants out there. For me, Salmon, pulled pork, and steaks immediately come to mind. If we do order these items, we generally are "let down" by the results. So, the idea is to order an item that can't be done on the egg...Caesar salad for example. ;>[p]We go out a minimum of 3 nights per week...Friday, Saturday, and Sunday...been on this routine for years. In fact, we are on our way out the door as we speak.[p]Mike in MN

• BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    Daddy Pat,
    We generally eat out a couple times a week when we're not preparing for a hurricane, riding out a hurricane, or picking up after a hurricane. ;-)[p]Occasionally we'll get q out. Usually it's when I get a hankerin' for brisket and I don't have any in the fridge. The next brisket for me is always 18 hours away, but I can satisfy my craving NOW if I run to Conway's BBQ.

• BobinFla
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,
    Have you been to Conway's recently (since they moved)?
    The last two times I've been in there, their brisket was pulled, not sliced, swimming in a *very* salty juice/sauce. The pork was OK, and actually pretty good for a commercial establishment. Maybe I've just been there on bad brisket days.
    BOB