Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just past obese

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Just past obese: Down 40+ pounds now and according to Government Charts now not obese at 29.9 BMI…… Now only 30 to drop so not overweight. Not at that weight in 40+ years at jump school.
Something about 29.9 sounds better than 240...
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Congratulations, Mickey. That's quite an accomplishment !!!!!

I lost over 50 lbs. a couple of years ago, but sadly, have put it all back on. I've decided that your body wants to weigh a certain weight. You can pig out for a meal, gain a couple of pounds, then in a day or two, you're back to the original weight. But, you can diet for a few days, lose a few pounds, and one meal will put you back to where you were.

I'm sure you know that to keep it off, you've got to drastically change your eating habits and be happy with your new lifestyle. After a few months, I realized I wasn't willing to fight it everyday.

I hope you're different. I've seen lots of folks keep it off for years. Good luck !!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Thanks Gary I have to try. Never any luck with it before, but now I am going to make it work.
    Will I see you in Plano?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    I don't think so. My wife and I are watching our money real close. We're dropping about $150K on a new garage. Ouch !!!

BTW, I met you at the Texas Eggfest. I didn't remember you looking all that heavy.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    I had dropped about 15 or so by then and I had that big black boot on as I had just broken a foot. Think the boot make me look slimmer.
    Are you adding the garage to your house or a business?
    If your house it is a big um....

• Village Idiot
    It's the garage for our house. Our house is fairly modest ... one story, ~ 2,000 sq. ft. The garage will be two story with a kitchen, bath, bedroom/den upstairs (about 700 sq. ft.).

On the side of the garage, a outdoor kitchen made of stone to put my 2 eggs in. :)

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Mickey congrats. I am trying to lose weight also...especially after reading an article last week about the new health care bill...here is an excerpt...and it is true

Last week, the effect of a little-noticed subsection of the 2009 Economic Stimulus Bill was revealed by Health and Human Services (HHS) secretary Kathleen Sebelius. Under section 3001 of the Stimulus Bill (on page 116 of 407), a new HHS Department was created called the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (HIT). The Stimulus Bill specifically gives the recently appointed head of this department, Dr. David Blumenthal, the objective of "utilization of an electronic health record for each person in the United States by 2014."

While the Stimulus Bill requires that the government have access to your Electronic Health Record (EHR) by 2014, it only vaguely defines what the government will do with this information. Herein lies the danger. Vaguely defined power in new laws always leads to broad interpretation of power by the government. One such power that the Stimulus Bill delegates to the new HIT department is to derive "meaningful use" from the EHRs.

Seeing the opportunity to seize more power for her department, Secretary Sebelius, working with Dr. Blumenthal, released their "Standards and Certification final rule," an expansive 228-page declaration of authority where, on page 61, they expound on their power to monitor every American's body mass index, or BMI -- a measure to estimate healthy body weight

You can't make this stuff up... ;)
  • Mickey
    The CHICKEN, I and 75 or 80 eggers will be there for the grand opening.

• Mickey
    You are soooo right, you just can't make that stuff up.

• Village Idiot
    You bet, buddy.

You're CERTAINLY invited. I've already mentioned to Pam that we should have a BBQ open house when it's finished. :woohoo:

BTW, here's my house. The current garage is in the 2nd row of pictures.
    http://willsononline.com/house/

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    Nice, the artwork is outstanding.Love the doors/bluebonnets at end of hall.

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Nice wiener dog.
  • Mickey
    That is a French Wiener Dog Sir :whistle:

• Village Idiot
    French? Ach du lieber ! Since I can't spell Daksun, I call them wiener dogs too. You missed one. There's two in the series of pictures. Minnie and Mickey are their names (sorry Mickey, he wasn't named after you). :laugh:

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    must be nice to have the sink, shower, and thrown all in the same room :laugh: i think i need a new contractor, mine drinks too much :whistle:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    good job, ive dropped about 7 points on that bmi, hovering around 27 now and holding, dont seem to lose in the summer, hard enough just to maintain it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mickey
    Gary do I feel dumb :blink: :laugh:
    Thought he was talking about mine :blush:

• Mickey
    7 points is good, sounds like he will give you healthcare maybe if you are under 50 years old... :ohmy:

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Mine is named Charlie but we just call her wiener dog. W.D. for short.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    WOW!!! When you commit to something you actually do it. Cool.

I'm sure you feel better and Linda is probably liking the new you, especially in your new clothes.

I didn't set out to lose weight but since my surgery six weeks ago I've lost 22 pounds. I'm eating what I want but I just don't want near as much as before. And some foods totally turn me off. Plus, I used to eat what was on the plate but now I push back as soon as I'm full.

I've only had three rum 'n cokes and two margaritas in all that time. Probably would be somewhere close to a hundred if not for the surgery.

Unfortunately, I don't have the same commitment powers as you and my weight will probally come back.

You da man....

Spring "4,528 Ounces Of Me In The Flesh" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Mickey
    Thank you very much Mr Chicken.
    22 pounds is not chicken feed ;)

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Aw, heck, V.I. Plano is free! Just hitchhike to Plano. Mickey will let you stay with him in Frisco!I'll buy your drinks ;)