Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggin in the redwoods

Options
asianflava
asianflava Posts: 313
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went camping in the California Redwoods of Humbolt County. It was a teardrop gathering that had folks come from as far as Kentucky. Dragged my LG over 1300 miles so that I could smoke a brisket for our Saturday potluck. The brisket was one of thebest ones I've done.

35372_1540072744876_1326651636_31489701_7198173_n.jpg

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    OK more info on the tear drop? old new? Love them! how many were there? any more pics?? we have a vintage camper. a 1957 Shasta and just love it. It is ten feet but not sure about dropping down that small LOL mainly loosing the head room. but I love the idea of an outdoor kitchen. I would love to see more pics if you have them of yours.
    IMG_6696.jpg
    this was at the NH egg fest last year.
    What a heavenly spot to camp you had.
  • Vetereggnarian
    Options
    Awesome cook! I don't get there much, but the Coast Redwood forests from Big Sur on up are some of the nicest places on Earth. You never get used to the size & majesty of those trees. I'm a little surprised they allow anything resembling a fire in there.
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Hey Julie get Neal to build you one.lol

Larry

http://www.teardrops.net/plans01.html
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    but where could he drop in a 427 big block engine? :whistle:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    I bet Neal could find a place for the big block.He has done a good job on restoring campers and trucks.

Larry
  • Big George's BBQ
    Options
    What a beautiful location
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    AND ME!!! those are tiny I am not :lol: :silly: :P
  • asianflava
    asianflava Posts: 313
    Options
    I built my teardrop about 5 years ago. We've camped all over the country from coast to coast. The link that was posted is by Lil'Bear tag alongs, The owner Grant Whipp was also at this last gathering.

Even though this was a teardrop gathering, folks with standies are welcome. We had a group driving model A's drop by. They were from Kentucky and were 8000mi into their 14000mi journey.

One of my friends from CA, who builds the nicest trailers, built this Scotty from scratch.

35350_1540070624823_1326651636_31489667_2854992_n.jpg

This is my tear when we visited Arthur Bryan't BBQ in St Louis I love BBQ.
    n1326651636_30137063_4343.jpg

The rear galley area after I finished it and got a temp tag.
    finished%20td1rsz.jpg

The inside looking to the rear, for some reason I didn't have the mattress inside when I took the pic.
    finished%20td3rsz.jpg

The inside looking to the front.
    finished%20td4rsz.jpg
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Where is the hot tub ?