Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's Woosday!

Options
2»

Comments

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    sat in my teak rocker on the patio clicking the landex til nightfall while watching the fish jump. B) entered a local bass contest with this one a few years back, came in second out of a canoe against people with big bass boats and twenty rods laid out on their decks. i brought an old three foot cane rod and a reel that works upsidedown and a bag of orange rubber worms :laugh: was never invited back

DSC_0117.jpg

into green reels since getting an egg, these were only made one year in the fifties for charterboat only use, hard to get a good green plate, been yelled at for using it :whistle:

3d96a913.jpg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    salmonchunks.jpg

chunks of white king salmon and coho getting ready to be smoked.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Great looking Macro rig Chris, your getting great shots with it. I'm on a limited budget so when I got the D90 I wanted to go to either extreme as economically as I could. The 105 mm Micro Nikkor couldn't be passed up, an awesome lens and I kissed the budget good by. I have a set of automatic extension tubes that help get a little closer for minimal cost. The lights are a Nikon Close-up Speedlight Remote Kit R1 that answered all my macro lighting prayers and are great for portraits as well. It makes a cool system. For my long shots I mount the D90 on my big Nikon Spotting scope for a 1500mm f13 telephoto. The scope was a small fraction of the cost of a big Nikkor lens, I can live with the fixed aperture, there's no shortage of sun down here, and manual focus. I can't wait for the weather to cool off down here and I can get back to my photography.

Gator

• Gator Bait
    Options

WOW Beli, that is beautiful!

Gator

• Gator Bait
    Options

I lived just up the road in Seal Cove, the backside of the island is paradise this time of year. It can be very spectacular in the winter too but I can't take the cold any more.

When you park at the Bass Harbor light there is a trail through the woods that follows the coast to the left. I think it follows a pole line for a ways. Out that trail is a blow down on the left where a storm knocked over several large trees. In that blow down I used to pick the best wild raspberries on God's green earth, bar none. It was hard picking climbing over the dead trees but well worth the time spent. It's like clamming up there, you may have to move a 200# boulder out of the way but there might be a 1/4 bushel of super sweet clams under that one rock. LOL.

Great photo, thanks for sharing,

Gator

• Gator Bait
    Options

Cool shot! I don't know why I haven't done similar.

Note to self: Play with drops of water. :lol:

Gator

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    TKS Blair....it certainly is.......she loved it