Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

It's Woosday!

2»

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,135
    sat in my teak rocker on the patio clicking the landex til nightfall while watching the fish jump. B) entered a local bass contest with this one a few years back, came in second out of a canoe against people with big bass boats and twenty rods laid out on their decks. i brought an old three foot cane rod and a reel that works upsidedown and a bag of orange rubber worms :laugh: was never invited back

DSC_0117.jpg

into green reels since getting an egg, these were only made one year in the fifties for charterboat only use, hard to get a good green plate, been yelled at for using it :whistle:

3d96a913.jpg
  • AlaskanCAlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    salmonchunks.jpg

chunks of white king salmon and coho getting ready to be smoked.
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Great looking Macro rig Chris, your getting great shots with it. I'm on a limited budget so when I got the D90 I wanted to go to either extreme as economically as I could. The 105 mm Micro Nikkor couldn't be passed up, an awesome lens and I kissed the budget good by. I have a set of automatic extension tubes that help get a little closer for minimal cost. The lights are a Nikon Close-up Speedlight Remote Kit R1 that answered all my macro lighting prayers and are great for portraits as well. It makes a cool system. For my long shots I mount the D90 on my big Nikon Spotting scope for a 1500mm f13 telephoto. The scope was a small fraction of the cost of a big Nikkor lens, I can live with the fixed aperture, there's no shortage of sun down here, and manual focus. I can't wait for the weather to cool off down here and I can get back to my photography.

Gator

WOW Beli, that is beautiful!

Gator

I lived just up the road in Seal Cove, the backside of the island is paradise this time of year. It can be very spectacular in the winter too but I can't take the cold any more.

When you park at the Bass Harbor light there is a trail through the woods that follows the coast to the left. I think it follows a pole line for a ways. Out that trail is a blow down on the left where a storm knocked over several large trees. In that blow down I used to pick the best wild raspberries on God's green earth, bar none. It was hard picking climbing over the dead trees but well worth the time spent. It's like clamming up there, you may have to move a 200# boulder out of the way but there might be a 1/4 bushel of super sweet clams under that one rock. LOL.

Great photo, thanks for sharing,

Gator

Cool shot! I don't know why I haven't done similar.

Note to self: Play with drops of water. :lol:

Gator

• BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    TKS Blair....it certainly is.......she loved it