Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wanted: BGE or similar in Nor Cal --

Options
nlsteve
nlsteve Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi folks.

I am looking for a used BGE or competitor's ceramic cooker (Primo Grill, Grill Dome, etc.). I'm in the Sacramento, CA, area, but willing to drive a couple hundred miles for the right deal.

Prefer a large or XL, but my budget will probably make a small or medium more feasible. (A mini would be too small.)

It's OK if it is cosmetically imperfect, or needs a minor repair or two. A good price is more important to me.

Not looking or an older clay kamado. I do want the flexibility of the modern ceramics.

Any leads appreciated. Thanks!

Steve

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Good luck. I do see them for sale on occasion. Your better off watching Craigslist but, you better jump at when you see one. Keep in mind a lifetime warranty comes with every new egg purchased from a dealer and the warranty is not transferable. Also, keep in mind you can purchased a demo egg with a full warranty from an eggfest. Tim :)
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Check out http://greenleafbbq.com/ In Livermore or http://www.eggsbythebay.com in Santa Clara.

Both are extremely knowledgeable Egg wise.

You can buy used, but you won't get the warranty and that is very important. Both are dealers and may have a demo egg, those carry the warranty.
  • nlsteve
    nlsteve Posts: 44
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, guys.
    I hope to be up & cooking soon.

If anybody comes across a lead for a used BGE (medium or larger) or other brand in Northern Calif., please do let me know.

Steve