Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quanity for Ronald McDonald House cook

Options
Midnight Smoker
Midnight Smoker Posts: 273
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sorry, being a bit lazy! I have a terrible connection and time is VERY short to look in archives.

I'll be doing a cook for The Ronlad McDonald House in Charelston, SC at least a couple times a month. I need help with serving portions. I'll be doing BBQ, Chicken, pans of Sheperd's Pie, Lowcountry boils along with sides. Any help with amounts would be greatly aprreciated!!! THANK YOU in advance, Paul

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Side portions will greatly depend on what sides you are serving.

Pulled Pork 1/4 - 1/3 pound per.
    Chicken you want quarters or less.

Low Country boil I would go with a bowl size portion.

Depending on the thickness of the Shepherd's Pie 3" to 4" Squares.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Midnight Smoker, I hope your BBQ for the Ronald McDonald House in Charleston goes well. It is such a worthy cause, close to my heart. :)
  • Midnight Smoker
    Options
    eenie meenie wrote:
    Midnight Smoker, I hope your BBQ for the Ronald McDonald House in Charleston goes well. It is such a worthy cause, close to my heart. :)

Thanks, I really want to try to do at least one meal month. It is a great organaztion and they really help families in crisis and pain. It's really not that hard. I usually have 50-60 people for BBQs at my house a few times a month during the Fall, Winter and Spring....plus...there won't be massive consuption of Adult Beverages...lol